Suggestions on best pool design for building outdoor swimming pool

Jonmarin

Hi Guys,

I am from Boston. The construction of my new house is going on. I had left a space for building an in-ground swimming pool. My wife told me that building a custom spa and integrating it into the pool adds more relaxation when spending time in the pool. I liked that idea. We have decided to start the construction of the pool as soon as possible.

My wife and I discussed this with the people doing our house construction works. They told that they are not specialized in building pools and they suggested this company offering custom pools and spas construction services as it is not that much distant from our area. Had anyone tried their services? Which pool design is better for building an outdoor in-ground swimming pool? Please share your opinions and suggestions.

Thanks!

Hi Jonmarin,

There is a couple of things to know when making a big descension on a pool and spa. 

Who is it for? Example: kids, just you, entertainment for guest.... etc.. 

How big or small? 

What features you want? Have you visited the deep rabbit hole of Pinterest for ideas 

What is it being used for? Example: Swimming laps, diving or slides, sport pool, etc...

Where in the country you live? Weather can play important part in what design you should go with.

I noticed that you live in Boston. I have never been but I was told that it gets cold there. Snow, rain, wind that defies gravity. Not knowing your city or state laws there. I would recommend that you consider a automatic cover for your pool. But that really limits the design to pretty much a rectangle. Adding a spa to the inside has a lot of benefits to it. Although it will jack the price up maybe another 20,000 - 30,000 dollars for the build. Depending on the builders. 

Good luck in your build. Post more questions if you need ideas.

Send photos of build