Sodium Bromide is now BANNED in Canada and it is recommended that all "Salt" systems be deactivated and removed. 

FYI...

Sodium Bromide is now BANNED in Canada (Think by Nov 2020) and it is recommended that all "Salt" systems be deactivated and removed. Retail sales of sodium bromide will continue until Nov 2020 and then stop to allow retailers time to sell any remaining stock. Kinda odd that they say it can kill you...but sell what you have left 

Below clipped from the interweb:

The Canadian government released the following risk mitigation measures to protect the general population from residual exposure. 

• Manufacturers have been informed of the new changes, and parts and supplies are no longer available for the maintenance of sodium bromide systems. 
  • Manufacturers have cancelled all bromine swimming pools, spa electrolysis devices, or sodium bromide products intended for use in swimming pools and spa electrolysis devices. 
  • Sodium bromide spa products used in combination with potassium monopersulfate are also no longer permitted for use.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/consumer-product-safety/reports-publications/pesticides-pest-management/decisions-updates/reevaluation-decision/2018/sodium-bromide.html#a4

Artical: https://rnrhottubs.com/what-does-canadas-decision-on-sodium-bromide-even-mean/

Human Health

To protect the general population from residential exposure, the following risk-reduction measures are required for continued registration of sodium bromide in Canada:

• Cancellation of all bromine swimming pool or spa electrolysis devices and sodium bromide products intended to be used with swimming pool or spa electrolysis devices.
  • Sodium bromide spa products used in combination with potassium monopersulfate will be removed from Schedule 2 of the Pest Control Product Regulations as part of future regulatory amendments and will no longer be permitted for use.
  • All chlorine swimming pool or spa electrolysis devices are to indicate that they are not to be used with bromide products.
  • All remaining sodium bromide swimming pool and spa products are to indicate that they are not to be used in combination with electrolysis, ozonation or UV.

• 3 weeks later...

I understand the concern with Bromide and or bromine as I think it has been proven that the gassing off of those chemicals has show to have potential cancer carcinogens in them. Based on articles I have read. But the Salt banned seems a little odd to me. If you are banning salt might as well ban all chlorine in the country. I think somebody in the house of Canada was a little ambitions with there bill.

Plus you really shouldn't be using bromide in a pool outside.