Solana TX not heating up high enough.

Timbro

Hello,

I purchased a used Solana TX hot tub.  It is about 10 years old and had been sitting empty for about a year before I purchased it.  I set it up and it seems to work pretty well, except that it doesn't get quite hot enough.  I have it set at UT-4 and the water is only heating to 102.  The display says "ready" which I believe means that the spa thinks it has reached the set temp.  I am using a thermoworks thermometer to check the water temperature.  I'd like to figure out the problem, but I'm not sure where to start.  I have tools and a couple meters, and am pretty good at diagnosing things if I have some guidance.  Thanks!

-Tim

The fact that the hot tub thinks it is up to temp, or within 2 degrees complicates the issue.  I believe UT-4 would mean 106 since that is the warmest any of the Hot Spring spas can be set to.  With that being said, it would have to be at least 104 for the hot tub to think it was "ready".  We are getting outside my knowledge level since I am not a service tech, but my assumption would be the next steps would be to make sure the heater is getting the appropriate voltage and that the sensors ohm out correctly based on the water temperature.  Does this hot tub have the optional circulation pump and are you running 115v or 230v?  Also, if you can provide the serial number I can at least tell you the year.

I would be happy if I could get this thing up to 104-105.  I set it at UT-4 because it's the highest setting, but it's obviously not getting that hot.  

Any idea what the ohm reading should be on the sensors, or where I can find that info?  I have the user manual, but it doesn't have service specs.  

I am running it on 115v.  As far as I know everything is original.  I don't have the serial number handy, but I will try to find it.  

Thank you for your help castletonia!

• 3 weeks later...

Hot Spring never responded to me, but I found the ohm reading for the thermistor at backyardplus.com  My thermistor was right in the range that the chart says it should be.  5.4k ohms at 102-103 degrees F.  I plugged the thermistor back into the control panel and powered up the hot tub and now as soon as the heater kicks on, the hot tub shuts down, and I get a ---- message on the control panel.  Looked in the manual and they say it's the pressure switch shutting down the tub.  All I did was unplug the thermistor, test it, plug it back in and now my tub doesn't heat at all.  

• 3 years later...