4 dashes on my caldera spa

JCH

Hello I have 4 dashes however my water temp is 50 degrees so not high temp sensor....when I reset it will run for 40 minutes or so then back to four dashes. It hass done this before after a drain and refill after resetting several times it has gone away in the past...not today...suggestions? I am concerned as our weather is about to drop consistantly into the 20's over night.

Edited by JCH
forgot txt

• 3 weeks later...

If you have "- - - -" on display and the spaside still responds to jet, light, temp button pushes there is a flow error.

If you have "- - - -" on display and the spaside is unresponsive there is a high limit error.

Low flow can cause either of these issues.  Possible causes are dirty filter, weak or restricted circulation pump, bad flow sensor, or bad high limit.

Remove your filter and see if the error goes away.  If so, the filter needs to be cleaned or replaced.  Cartridge filters should be cleaned monthly and replaced annually.

Brandon@spokanespas.com

• 7 months later...

So, I have this same issue I think.  Getting two sets of dashes on my 2009 Caldera c45.  All works ok,  both pumps, and heating ok.  But after jets are on for an hour or so, when it shuts off, it throws the dashes error code on the display.  Another push on the pump buttons and all starts again fine.  When I opened up the hot tub for a refill, I noticed a small leak under the control box.  When i opened it up, there are small drips coming from what appears to be a pressure sensor on the heating unit.  Could this be the cause of the error codes?  If so, is it easy for a user to replace?  It does not look to difficult??  Thanks for any help!!!

• 8 months later...

Hi, we just bought a house that came with a Caldera Palatino which I think is 2014 or older. We cleaned it and also flushed the jets, filled it, added bromine and started it. The next day the display was reading 105 degrees F so I adjusted the temp to 90 degrees. Halfway through the morning the display had 4 double dashes and was unresponsive to my attempts to change anything. The pump is working because I can turn the jets on all 4 settings. What am I missing? We are newbies btw