Inflatable Liner letting in water

Jay121d

Hi i have a lazy spa vegas which is 3 months old and the water recently went cloudy so i emptied it to change it ,wen i unscrewed the air valve off to put air in water came flowing out of the liner wat should of just had air in ,i did notice the water level had dropped wen water was cloudy but no signs of leaks . I managed to get water out and put air in again but could hear air getting out from behind airjet pocket which goes round the hot tub inside  ,i put water in just so it went above air jet pocket and wen i put a bit moreair in to the liner bubbles was coming through the air jets so clearly the problem is not see able .still waiting for a reply off bestway about the warranty but keep asking for pics of the proble and videos and its just a joke as you cant see where the prob lies ,think they just trying to avoid replacement .in the trouble shoot theres no faqs or help with any problem like this one ive filled it all bk up as norm now while i wait a desision and the airjets work fine and the inflatable is staying filledwith air but thats dueto water insde liner .has anyone come across this problem b4 thks

It's an inflatable spa.  If it's new, there's a good chance a seam was not properly welded closed.  Contact the vendor/dealer and get a warranty replacement.  If they refuse a warranty, contact your bank and tell them you were sold a defective product and the vendor is refusing a warranty.

Water puts a LOT of pressure on the walls of a tub.  My small 3-person 200 gallon Hotspring spa puts approximately 95 pounds per square inch of pressure on the plumbing inside my spa.  I can imagine any single bad seal on an inflatable tub would easily tear/stretch causing a leak.  Aside from a patch if it was a hole you can find, I don't really know if there's any easy fix

40 minutes ago, ratchett said:

Contact the vendor/dealer and get a warranty replacement.  If they refuse a warranty, contact your bank and tell them you were sold a defective product and the vendor is refusing a warranty.

Contact the credit card company and dispute the charge, and explain why.

I paid cash so banks a no go area for that one .im still waiting for a reply off them as we been emailing pics and videos every other day wen they have asked for them ,its clearly a manafactor fault as its behind the lose part of the liner with the airjet holes in which fills up with air , ive come home today and water lever dropped over a inch below min mark and its all inside the inflatable yet if i put the jets on that all seems be ok ,im sure its a mater of time b4 it starts bulging due to water inside .any had no reply today and really getting frustrated with the time its taking them to resolve this problem ,we bought it begining of september 2019 .anyway my partner is going to ring them tomorrow as emailing is not getting anywhere fast .nothing wrong with set up as thats the first pic we sent ,just a joke  

I purchased a Doughboy brand above-ground pool liner for my 15' pool and had it professionally installed (installer said Doughboy was best).  Same installer as 14 years earlier when entire pool was installed.

Within a month I discovered a leak at a seam, a bad seal in the manufacturing process. Doughboy wanted me to cut out the area with the leak, and also the area with a Sharpie-written manufacturing number, and ship that to them for evaluation (10 year warranty or so).  Well, that was obviously out of the question (I could put a pencil through the hole), and they would not accept a local Doughboy dealer's opinion either.  Finally after fighting for 2 months (and doing a home-made patch), I told them that I would just post the facts everywhere on the Internet, and Doughboy realized that loss of even ONE pool sale would be worse than replacing the liner.  So they agreed to send a new liner if I would pay shipping, and I reluctantly agreed.

Well, that liner has been in a closet now, and I've got apparently leaks in 2 other places, so that newer liner might go in next spring, and I'd try doing that myself.  Believe me, sad that sometimes one has to complain a bunch to get action.

I never was able to get GM to fix the sunroof on our 2005 Yukon (intermittent closing, always would open) - GM dealer told me they had no idea what was wrong - but had to fight 2 months to get my $240 refunded (no fix = no payment). Now the sunroof remains closed, and the fuse has been removed.

So keep on their butt !!  Bad reviews online are a killer these days !

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 6:35 AM, Jay121d said:

Hi i have a lazy spa vegas which is 3 months old and the water recently went cloudy so i emptied it to change it ,wen i unscrewed the air valve off to put air in water came flowing out of the liner wat should of just had air in ,i did notice the water level had dropped wen water was cloudy but no signs of leaks . I managed to get water out and put air in again but could hear air getting out from behind airjet pocket which goes round the hot tub inside  ,i put water in just so it went above air jet pocket and wen i put a bit moreair in to the liner bubbles was coming through the air jets so clearly the problem is not see able .still waiting for a reply off bestway about the warranty but keep asking for pics of the proble and videos and its just a joke as you cant see where the prob lies ,think they just trying to avoid replacement .in the trouble shoot theres no faqs or help with any problem like this one ive filled it all bk up as norm now while i wait a desision and the airjets work fine and the inflatable is staying filledwith air but thats dueto water insde liner .has anyone come across this problem b4 thks

Hi there 

I’ve same issues did you get response or your problem fixed ??

On 4/4/2021 at 1:00 PM, Aaron89 said:

Hi Jay, did you ever find an answer to what the issue was. I have this exact problem but I'm out of warranty by just a month. Really frustrating!

On 4/4/2021 at 1:00 PM, Aaron89 said:

Hi Jay, did you ever find an answer to what the issue was. I have this exact problem but I'm out of warranty by just a month. Really frustrating!

Same problem as jay121d did you resolve 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/6/2019 at 6:35 AM, Jay121d said:

I have same problem cloudy water and smell and filter dirty                    no punctures and water in outer wall when drained. My solution :- drained tub cleaned all inner walls and floor (realised massage air jets nozzles loose) tightened them up clockwise filter all brown reason was dirty water in wall was cause of bacteria so put new filter in again filled tub put on all pumps with double dose of chlorine for 3 hours.  Next day water clean no smell no water in inner wall. But filter a little smelly and a little brown in colour Hence now I drain my tub if not using for a few days as the stale water is a breeding ground for bacteria,clean my filters in a bucket of chlorined or ammonia water and rinse out and let dry before use.   It might seem a hassle but now I can empty & clean my hot tub in 1 hour and it's ready to fill with cold water 1/2 hour     1 &1/2 hrs hot  good to go but now make sure chlorine and pH good

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought mine from Homebase last year and registered the guarantee with lazy spa for free. ( vegas setup). That gave an extended warranty of 2 years for the whole kit. Last week I emptied it for a clean and it would not blow back up fully. I checked everywhere for a hole but couldn’t find one. When I took air plug out it had water inside the liner. 
I called lazy spa and they wanted photos and a video of the inflation pump on and with about 8 inches of water inside the tub to see if it bubbled with the inflation pump to prove there was a hole behind the air jets. 
It did bubble and they said they would replace under warranty and all I needed to do now was physically cut serial number of of liner and take photo to prove it could not be sold or re used.

I have done this and they said they will dispatch another in 3-5 days.

I am happy but don’t know how long new one will last looking how many people have had this issue, that one I have only getting out of the box about 4 weeks ago