Jump to content

Inflatable Liner letting in water


Jay121d
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi i have a lazy spa vegas which is 3 months old and the water recently went cloudy so i emptied it to change it ,wen i unscrewed the air valve off to put air in water came flowing out of the liner wat should of just had air in ,i did notice the water level had dropped wen water was cloudy but no signs of leaks . I managed to get water out and put air in again but could hear air getting out from behind airjet pocket which goes round the hot tub inside  ,i put water in just so it went above air jet pocket and wen i put a bit moreair in to the liner bubbles was coming through the air jets so clearly the problem is not see able .still waiting for a reply off bestway about the warranty but keep asking for pics of the proble and videos and its just a joke as you cant see where the prob lies ,think they just trying to avoid replacement .in the trouble shoot theres no faqs or help with any problem like this one ive filled it all bk up as norm now while i wait a desision and the airjets work fine and the inflatable is staying filledwith air but thats dueto water insde liner .has anyone come across this problem b4 thks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's an inflatable spa.  If it's new, there's a good chance a seam was not properly welded closed.  Contact the vendor/dealer and get a warranty replacement.  If they refuse a warranty, contact your bank and tell them you were sold a defective product and the vendor is refusing a warranty.

Water puts a LOT of pressure on the walls of a tub.  My small 3-person 200 gallon Hotspring spa puts approximately 95 pounds per square inch of pressure on the plumbing inside my spa.  I can imagine any single bad seal on an inflatable tub would easily tear/stretch causing a leak.  Aside from a patch if it was a hole you can find, I don't really know if there's any easy fix

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ratchett said:

Contact the vendor/dealer and get a warranty replacement.  If they refuse a warranty, contact your bank and tell them you were sold a defective product and the vendor is refusing a warranty.

 

Contact the credit card company and dispute the charge, and explain why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I paid cash so banks a no go area for that one .im still waiting for a reply off them as we been emailing pics and videos every other day wen they have asked for them ,its clearly a manafactor fault as its behind the lose part of the liner with the airjet holes in which fills up with air , ive come home today and water lever dropped over a inch below min mark and its all inside the inflatable yet if i put the jets on that all seems be ok ,im sure its a mater of time b4 it starts bulging due to water inside .any had no reply today and really getting frustrated with the time its taking them to resolve this problem ,we bought it begining of september 2019 .anyway my partner is going to ring them tomorrow as emailing is not getting anywhere fast .nothing wrong with set up as thats the first pic we sent ,just a joke  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I purchased a Doughboy brand above-ground pool liner for my 15' pool and had it professionally installed (installer said Doughboy was best).  Same installer as 14 years earlier when entire pool was installed.

Within a month I discovered a leak at a seam, a bad seal in the manufacturing process. Doughboy wanted me to cut out the area with the leak, and also the area with a Sharpie-written manufacturing number, and ship that to them for evaluation (10 year warranty or so).  Well, that was obviously out of the question (I could put a pencil through the hole), and they would not accept a local Doughboy dealer's opinion either.  Finally after fighting for 2 months (and doing a home-made patch), I told them that I would just post the facts everywhere on the Internet, and Doughboy realized that loss of even ONE pool sale would be worse than replacing the liner.  So they agreed to send a new liner if I would pay shipping, and I reluctantly agreed.

Well, that liner has been in a closet now, and I've got apparently leaks in 2 other places, so that newer liner might go in next spring, and I'd try doing that myself.  Believe me, sad that sometimes one has to complain a bunch to get action.

I never was able to get GM to fix the sunroof on our 2005 Yukon (intermittent closing, always would open) - GM dealer told me they had no idea what was wrong - but had to fight 2 months to get my $240 refunded (no fix = no payment). Now the sunroof remains closed, and the fuse has been removed.

So keep on their butt !!  Bad reviews online are a killer these days !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 6:35 AM, Jay121d said:

Hi i have a lazy spa vegas which is 3 months old and the water recently went cloudy so i emptied it to change it ,wen i unscrewed the air valve off to put air in water came flowing out of the liner wat should of just had air in ,i did notice the water level had dropped wen water was cloudy but no signs of leaks . I managed to get water out and put air in again but could hear air getting out from behind airjet pocket which goes round the hot tub inside  ,i put water in just so it went above air jet pocket and wen i put a bit moreair in to the liner bubbles was coming through the air jets so clearly the problem is not see able .still waiting for a reply off bestway about the warranty but keep asking for pics of the proble and videos and its just a joke as you cant see where the prob lies ,think they just trying to avoid replacement .in the trouble shoot theres no faqs or help with any problem like this one ive filled it all bk up as norm now while i wait a desision and the airjets work fine and the inflatable is staying filledwith air but thats dueto water insde liner .has anyone come across this problem b4 thks

Hi there 

I’ve same issues did you get response or your problem fixed ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2021 at 1:00 PM, Aaron89 said:

Hi Jay, did you ever find an answer to what the issue was. I have this exact problem but I'm out of warranty by just a month. Really frustrating!

 

On 4/4/2021 at 1:00 PM, Aaron89 said:

Hi Jay, did you ever find an answer to what the issue was. I have this exact problem but I'm out of warranty by just a month. Really frustrating!

Same problem as jay121d did you resolve 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have exactly the same problem I opened the air valve plug today absolutely full of water only had it 2 1/2 months now I have emptied it all out 

can’t re inflate clearly liner has failed is it worth chasing up warranty sounds like be a long drawn out process !!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...