2018 Hot Springs Envoy Nxt - Can't control anything!

Ryan0751

Yesterday we drained and refilled our 2018 Hot Springs Envoy NXT.  I simply pulled the breakers, drained the water as usual, cleaned the filters, etc.  Then I refilled the tub.

After powering back on the tub, I noticed that the control panel (the touch panel remote) only shows a battery indicator and the current temperature.  That seemed odd to me. 

The other thing that I noticed was that the two physical buttons underneath the control remote aren't working as I'd expect.  If I press Jets, the jets come on at the lowest setting (very low), but I then can't cycle to a higher setting or turn them off.  Also, same thing with the lights.  I can turn them on, can't turn them off.

I've tried shutting the tub off, waiting 30 seconds, turning it back on, several times, but nothing is changing.

Fortunately, overnight the tub DID come up to temperature (103).

I thought maybe since it was cold maybe the limit tripped or something, but it wasn't that cold (high 30's) here yesterday, and according to the manual if the limit trips the blue light would be be blinking.  Right now the blue light is solid, and the top light (yellow?  green?  I'm partly color blind) is blinking.  

I put in a service request but am hoping it's just something silly that needs to be reset.

1 hour ago, Ryan0751 said:

Yesterday we drained and refilled our 2018 Hot Springs Envoy NXT.  I simply pulled the breakers, drained the water as usual, cleaned the filters, etc.  Then I refilled the tub.

After powering back on the tub, I noticed that the control panel (the touch panel remote) only shows a battery indicator and the current temperature.  That seemed odd to me. 

The other thing that I noticed was that the two physical buttons underneath the control remote aren't working as I'd expect.  If I press Jets, the jets come on at the lowest setting (very low), but I then can't cycle to a higher setting or turn them off.  Also, same thing with the lights.  I can turn them on, can't turn them off.

I've tried shutting the tub off, waiting 30 seconds, turning it back on, several times, but nothing is changing.

Fortunately, overnight the tub DID come up to temperature (103).

I thought maybe since it was cold maybe the limit tripped or something, but it wasn't that cold (high 30's) here yesterday, and according to the manual if the limit trips the blue light would be be blinking.  Right now the blue light is solid, and the top light (yellow?  green?  I'm partly color blind) is blinking.  

I put in a service request but am hoping it's just something silly that needs to be reset.

Good news!

For the heck of it, I removed the back panel (and therefore battery) from the remote control panel.  After resetting the battery in place, the panel came up and everything is working fine (even the physical controls on the hot tub itself).

Phew!

Just now, castletonia said:

That’s great that it worked itself out.  Also, for future reference, you can also reset the remote by long pressing on the display anywhere there is not an icon for 5-10 seconds.

Ok.  I did try pressing onto a black area of the screen.  But good to know for future reference. 

• 6 months later...

Hi - The same thing just happened to me.  I've been draining and purging our spa and when I put the remote back on the panel it only displays the battery and the temperature in white with a black screen behind it.  I tried depressing on the black screen to reset like CastleTonia mentioned, but it didn't work.  Any other suggestions?  I have unscrewed the back panel but can't get it off so haven't done anything there yet.  Thank you.

7 hours ago, KMI said:

Hi - The same thing just happened to me.  I've been draining and purging our spa and when I put the remote back on the panel it only displays the battery and the temperature in white with a black screen behind it.  I tried depressing on the black screen to reset like CastleTonia mentioned, but it didn't work.  Any other suggestions?  I have unscrewed the back panel but can't get it off so haven't done anything there yet.  Thank you.

I have only once encountered a remote not respond to the long press for a reset.  In that instance, removing the screws on the backside and removing the batter (the entire oval piece that the screws hold in place) solved the issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

So I just encountered this problem on my 2020 Grandee following a shut down / drain / fill. The trick to getting it to reset for me was to press and hold on the battery indicator for several seconds. Before that, I tried it several times in different areas of the screen and it wouldn’t restart. I was just about to give up and pull the battery like others in this thread did… 

Hope this helps someone else!

• Like 1

Same black screen with temperature and flashing battery icon after refilling spa.  On the remote holding down over the flashing battery icon, as mentioned above, reset the remote after about 15 seconds of pressing.  It did not work pressing elsewhere on the screen.  Thanks wsdavis!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I had the exact same problem with my new Jetsetter LX -- remote showing black screen with only temperature and battery indicator -- and was able to fix it by touching the battery indicator for 10 seconds or so.  That reset the control panel.  I then had to press the Jets button on the hot tub to allow the remote to pair with the tub.  Once I did that, all was good.  Thanks so much for the advice!

Andy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I’m having slightly different issue. Drained, cleaned, and black remote with temp and battery only. Neither holding the battery, pressing screen on a non-icon black space, removing the back panel, nor flipping electrical panel has worked to reset the remote. What else should I try??

4 hours ago, EmilyB1688 said:

I’m having slightly different issue. Drained, cleaned, and black remote with temp and battery only. Neither holding the battery, pressing screen on a non-icon black space, removing the back panel, nor flipping electrical panel has worked to reset the remote. What else should I try??

Start a new thread - post photos.

Are the orange LED lights on the charging dock for the wireless remote blinking, or solid color (they're really hard to see in sunlight)

Do the buttons work to control the spa? Does the circ pump work?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

We have had to have remote replaced two times in 18 months. Soft and Hard resets would not work. The last time the tech stated garage door frequency might be interfering so he had to switch tub to different “ frequency “. We think that is pretty odd reason and an excuse. I would not purchase a Hot springs Envoy with the Bluetooth controls. Nothing but a headache … and careful on the warranty. Even though it’s need under warranty, the fine print allows a dealer to charge a fee if they come to work on it. 
Rip off.