HS Vanguard empty!

r5ran

Hello, and Help!

After 11 mostly trouble-free years, my 2008 Hot Springs Vanguard has a major problem I need some advice on. We are currently on a 6-week trip and have a neighbor checking on our house and tub weekly. Yesterday, when doing her weekly check, she said a red light was blinking on my tub and when she checked inside, there was no water in it all!

Since I live in the frozen North, trying to minimize any damages I had a friend come over to check it out and drain any remaining water out. The neighbor said the tub was full just the week prior, and temps have been relatively warm the last week (above freezing during the day and just below at night) so I don’t think anything froze yet. When he opened the main drain (on the left, for the tub) virtually no water came out. When he opened the right drain for the equipment, about a full gallon or so emptied, so the leak doesn’t seem to be from this area, and it seems the lines in the equipment didn’t freeze. He said no visible water was anywhere around the outside of the tub, and the equipment area was dry.

I had him blow out all the jets, all the lines feeding the pumps, the drain, and then pour RV antifreeze into each one, so I think it’s OK until I get home next week.

Now, my dilemma, is that for me to diagnose where the leak is, I most likely will need to fill the tub, but we’re just starting our nasty winter, and the last thing you really want to do is to put water back in the lines in below freezing temps. I fear I may have to just let it sit until spring, when I no longer have concerns of freezing, unless, some knowledgeable reader can give me some advice on where to look or a method to correct this without adding water.

Thank you in advance, any help will be appreciated, as I don’t want to go a whole winter without my tub!

Thanks, Randy