New...and hoping not to get flamed

FNSIII

We took delivery on our Hot Spring Envoy salt water spa this week. Have only been able to use it once and today when I walk out an open the lid there is a yellow scum like substance arouthe edges. Our PH is sky high (9.0) and we have been adding one cap of Spa Guard PH reducer on the hour for 6 hours with little or no change to the water. What I am afraid of is starting a roller coaster effect of too high...too low...too high again. I didn't want to become a Chemist. I want a place to have a glass of wine and help take care of my back. 

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Frank

• 3 weeks later...

My hot springs grande was delivered contaminated with biofilms .  This is something that both dealers and mfgs tend to dismiss but i can tell you that after a lot of experiments i concluded that the only solution was to purge and purge more than once in some cases. 

I recommend using the purge product known as "ahhsome" and i can say that because i have done the due diligence,  tested numerius different products and dumped thousands of gallons of water in the ground  in order to reach this conclusion