HotSpring 2006 Vanguard - no power at all

clh42

HotSpring 2006 Vanguard.  Tub just suddenly up and died last night.  It has no power at all.  Control panel won't light up or respond, no LEDs on the main board are lit, no pumps running.  Breakers did NOT trip.

I've already tested and verified that I have 240 V coming in to the relay board for both the 20 amp and 30 amp circuits.  And the white, black, and red wires that go from the heater relay board to the main board are carrying power to the main board.

Is there anything other than a bad relay board or bad main board that could cause a complete loss of power?  Or does it just come down to having either a bad relay board or a bad main board?  And if it does have to be one of the boards, is there any way to determine which one is bad?

Thank you!

A friend of mine called me last year when his tub quit working, like yours, but had power. It was after a thunderstorm. I found a small (1/8 amp {0.125 amp}) fuse that had blown. I had to ensure all power was off before moving any wires as the fuse was well covered on the circuit board. We replaced the fuse and all is well. Good luck and remember electrical safety!

• 10 months later...

I did get this figured out.  The spa light had died, shorted out apparently.  There are two connections from the spa light to the main board.  After unplugging both connections, the spa powered up again.  I may replace the light someday but for now, just running without it.

• Like 1