Spa water temperature less than setting

bevbruce

I have a 2000 Sweetwater Palermo spa.  The water temperature is 3 degrees lower than the digital readout on the display on my control panel.  (the temperature from a thermometer of the water reads 97 degrees but the display reads 100).  I have a new heater, new filter and recently changed the water.  I've had this spa since 2000 and am very familiar with how it heats and this is really not normal for the spa.  Any clues what the issue might be?  Sensor, topside control panel, etc.?  Thanks.

I have seen this problem. If I recall the temp sensor made for some Sweetwater's were specific to Sweetwater even though they looked identical to  LX10 and LX15 sensors made by Spa Builders inc. If there has been any replacement of the sensors this might be why. Also check how the sensor is reading the water temp. In some temp wells the sensor can slide back away from the water it is there to moniter. this gap might explain the 3  degree difference