Severe Biofilm and Ahhsome

Novice123

Bought my Sundance Chelsee new 9 months ago, and have fought biofilm on and off since the beginning. I now suspect the biofilm was present at initial installation (from wet test), and the problem has worsened over the past few months. Drain/purge products have not been effective in eradicating the biofilm. I have read countless posts on this forum, and used Ahhsome for the first time this weekend. Yellow biofilm evident in purge and re-fill.  After second Ahhsome application, upon taking the front panel off the hot tub, vast amounts of biofilm were clearly evident inside tubing upon visual inspection (more than 50% of visible tubing covered in biofilm). I have let the second Ahhsome application sit overnight, and will tackle the drainage tomorrow. In this forum, I have read some are successful after 6 or 7 successive drain/re-fills, but am I wasting my time with purging methods for a case of severe biofilm? Should I call a tech and have the tubing manually cleaned? 

Good Afternoon:  You may have white water mold as well.  I am not sure that what you have is definitely biofilm.  Regardless of that, the purges you are doing will definitely help to release tube detritus buildup.  Be sure to keep a little sanitizer in the tub as you are purging so the bacteria can be killed.  It may take a few more purges to complete the colonoscopy of the plumbing and rid the tubing of any bio-contamination.  Calling a service company will not benefit you any moe than what you are doing yourself.  Short of removing and replacing all the tubing, there is not much more he or she could do.  keep up the purging and your tub will raise the white flag.  After you get it clean be sure to read about hot tub maintenance protocols that work.  You don't need more headaches after going through this.  Hopefully, you are using a reliable chlorine or Bromine sanitization method and fully understand the chemical monitoring program.  You have the test kit now, learn all the different tests and get comfortable with your maintenance program.