Maximizing life of Scepter ACE salt cell

djski

After getting comfortable with the dichlor + bleach method but not wanting to add bleach every day, I got my ACE salt system up and running with the Scepter replacement cell from Amazon. It's definitely producing chlorine and I'd like to maximize the life of the cell (thankfully it's much less $ than the OEM ACE cells but still not cheap). Scepter's instructions are a bit different from the ACE, for example:

• CH: 200-300 ppm (much higher than recommended for ACE)
  • Salt: 1500-2000 ppm
  • 1 oz phosphate remover at start and monthly

Most notably, the instructions state "no dry chlorine products" and recommend white vinegar for controlling pH. My understanding is that some dichlor is needed to keep CYA in the 20-30 range (unless I'm going add CYA separately), and white vinegar should not be used. 

Any idea why the manufacturer would say no dry chlorine or acid, and what would be the best alternative to maximize cell life? (e.g. pure CYA vs. dichlor, muriatic acid vs. dry acid, or diluting dry products before adding to spa?)