Super itchy skin in hot tub with ACE saltwater system

Julie S.

I have had our Hot Springs hot tub since last January. I started getting really itchy skin. After trying to figure out why, the common denominator keeps going back to the hot tub.  It's not bacteria, there is no visible rash, it's not dry skin. Its driving me insane. Has anyone else experienced such a thing? I have never reacted this way from swimming pools, so it seems like something to do with the salt system or the jets or the hot water...we keep it about 100°.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife has had a similar problem and we went back and forth between chlorine and bromine but the itch always returned. Both these products are halogens and my wife has a reaction to both, we also tried Nature2 with ozone and very low levels of chlorine but the problem eventually returned.

The only solution we have found is using biguinide and after using it now for over 8 months, the itch has not returned. Something you might consider.