Goplus inflatable spa help

NickB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 6:56 PM, Scott33 said:

Goplus heater element kawaii 1805 is cheaply made and fails, usually within a year. Ours did. Direct Replacement not available. Got a Camco 1000 watt screw in element, Pipe flange to fit, altered the six screw top to accommodate it, ring terminals to connect the power wires to the element, hole in the top of the cover plate, assembly, first time in the tub was good...

Hey @Scott33, I have an Aleko spa with the same kawaii 1805 element and somehow found this forum with your post.  
I know the heating element is broken and not one of the sensors because I put my multimeter on it and it's an open/broken connection.
I bought a Camco 1000 watt RV heating element from Amazon, but I agree with the rest, it seems like it will be too long for the housing.

The official element is 4-1/8" long, the enclosure is only 4-1/2" long.  So, very curious how you modified it to work.  

If I can figure something out in the next few days, I'll share pictures here.

Thanks!

IMG_5812.thumb.JPG.7080b56b7cbf5a7a6dee0d375a9f83c0.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi so I really think these little go plus hot tubs are really cool because who can move  them from one area to the next like in a day nobody okay so here's my problem I bought it second hand yes but the guy only used it a few times okay...so I get home, fill it up, it's working great...but I just emptied it cuz I was ready for a clean I don't have the owner's manual but now I filled it back up and my pump's not working, I don't get any suction at all, my heaters working but I don't want to run the heater without the pump running.. you dig??  So when I call these hot tubs places Cal spa Leslie's some springs place they all kind of chuckle when I say it's inflatable,  like I have a fake car or something you know and they say something to the regards of oh I have no idea I don't know what you're talking about like I'm less of a hot tubber than they are..is there a way to get my suction back ..airlock?; Ugggg HELP !!!!

um any suggestions?

On 3/28/2021 at 7:36 AM, cranbiz said:

It does sound like it's air locked. Break the union at the pump output so that water flows from it. Once it's flowing good, tighten it back up.

How do I break the union?? I can't even begin to understand what that means

On 3/28/2021 at 7:36 AM, cranbiz said:

It does sound like it's air locked. Break the union at the pump output so that water flows from it. Once it's flowing good, tighten it back up.

Is that the cap that releases air when the jets are running?

27 minutes ago, GoPlus No Suction said:

How do I break the union?? I can't even begin to understand what that means

Is that the cap that releases air when the jets are running?

No. When you look at your spa pump, you have an inlet where the water goes into the pump and an outlet where the water exits the pump. On the inflatables, there is a box with the pump and heater in it. There should be a flexible hose with a clamp on it. I believe that is the inlet and there is a screw joint on the box where the output of the heater is.  Disconnect from the fitting on the box until it flow freely when the pump is on.

I'm not an expert on inflatables, nor do I have one. I'm just a person that is handy and understands basic pump theory.

This all assumes you don't have any blockages in the pipes.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a Firstspa tub and was only removed out of the box once.  The internal heater, pump and thermostat is an Intertek 3162943. When I plug mine in, the heater and filter lights come on but the temperature counts up in seconds until 104 degrees and then it shuts off and runs like it thinks it’s at 104. I have been emailing various companies to see if they have any units. Aleko Products sells tubs with these packs in them. If I can’t find anything would anyone have an idea on my problem?

• 4 weeks later...

I too have a goplus hot tub that won't heat up. I have reset the high limit and that didn't work. So I proceeded to dismantle the puppy and I took out the whole system and removed the element. I tested it and it gave me the readings I was suppose to get and the element looks like new. I tested the highlimit and found it was still open. So I reset it again and this time it showed closed. I then removed the power and replaced it back in and I then retested the highlimit and again it showed open. So I'm anticipating my problem is the high limit.  Only problem is where do I find a high limit like those. It absolutely must have the proper one to fit where it needs to so so it can detect water temperature and work like it should, to shut down the heater when the water gets too hot. I need a high limit new or used.

Edited by Skidooer
To correct spelling

I have a go plus hot tub, I think I’ve fared better than most on here, I’ve had mine 3yrs, me hubby emptied it after the grandkids had been in it. Filled it back up & you guessed it - the heater is not working! The reason I’m posting is because I got an email 2 days ago with a recall notice on some models, a fault that can cause electric shocks. Check your emails. You may have one of the models 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I have just taken my cosy spa apart due to no heat. It has the same element as the YouTube video above where someone swaps it out for a different one.

After trying many different things I bypassed what looks like a pressure sensor and steam came off the element straight away. I'm guessing the sensor has some corrosion inside from storage over winter

On 4/10/2020 at 5:52 PM, bigpoppa said:

RDspaguy would you be able to tell me where can i order a new heater for my goplus spa i have removed mine and attached a pic 120 volt 900 watt I've search a lot of places online and talked to local spa dealers and sent an email to the seller any help would be great thanks for you time 

heater 3.jpg

heater.jpg

heater2.jpg

You can buy them at ALEKO based out of Kent, WA or online 

• 1 year later...

I can't find anything on error HA. Your video doesn't work either. You don't need to keep repeat posting this post. Not everyone here that can help sits by the computer waiting for an issue to help with.

We usually ask for pictures and that you start your own post. 

Is it doing anything? Pump runs, water flows,? Is the water getting warm/hot at all? Is there a removable filter? If so, remove it and see what happens. Check to see is all plugs are tight. If you can unplug and reconnect the plugs for the pump and sensors. You may have had one come loose.

If nothing works, I suspect that it's not something you are not understanding but a genuine defect that requires warranty service. Now that is probably going to be impossible to get. Can you pack it back up and return it to Wayfair? Unfortunately, inflatable hot tub manufacturers are less than responsive on problems. Most are Chinese companies making them for someone else to put a label on. Many are considered unrepairable by the manufacturer.