Looking for help with my hot tub PH. Bromine tub, PH keeps going up.

Midas

Forgive my multiple topics prior to this. I don't know what's going on, but this forum is having some serious technical troubles for me. Every topic I've made prior is glitched and inaccessible. If a mod can delete the other three topics, please do. Sorry for the repeat posts, but I don't see any other available option.

I have a small hot tub that I inherited from the previous owner of a house. Volume is 125 US gallons, or 473 litres. No matter what I do, the PH goes up. Most recently, I drained and replaced the water, added a little bromine and bromine activator and nothing else, checked the levels, and all was good. Roughly a week later, after the water sat with absolutely no use, total alkalinity and bromine levels were fine, but PH had gone way up. With usage, it gets even more pronounced. Doesn't take long for the water to become murky and bubbly, and have an oily surface and slimy residue. At worst, it becomes a chemical soup that makes all the readings really weird as a result of an endless battle to keep the PH down.

The chemicals I use are bromine and bromine activator, in levels calculated based on the volume of my tub based on instructions from either the chemicals or the hot tub manual. I also use baking soda to raise total alkalinity when needed, which isn't often, PH down, and occasionally a defoamer. I expect there's a problematic interaction there, but I don't know what. I also think the filter likely needs replacing, and there might be some sort of organic material build up that requires a shock, but I don't know what that would entail for a bromine tub. I have looked up resources here, but, don't want to do anything so drastic without being certain.

Sorry again for repeat posts. Hope this topic doesn't glitch again, and thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.