All going wrong!

SophieAB92

I bought a hot tub 2 weeks ago. All went fine at first, used a starter kit and followed instructions. Test strips always coming out fine after adding what I told.me on the booklet. I continued to rinse the filter, adding chlorine and testing daily.

Then overnight the water suddenly seemed to turn cloudy, the filter started making an awful noise and the free chlorine level was always reading nil. So i tried shocking with cheroine 2 days in a row and bought new filter which stopped the noise. 

Still no free chlorine reading but ph appears to be fine. 

Only thing i could think is that we have got trees on the back that the seeds have been falling into the tub -is it an algae problem or did the filter get blocked?

Anyway. Currently siphoning out the water to refill and start over. Any tips on how  I can stop this happening again? I'm definite I shouldn't be needing to put in a new filter and completely refill after 1 week so I must have failed somewhere! 😣