Hotspring Highlife Sovereign of year 2012 : good opportunity ?

Alesissss

Hi everyone, 

I have the possibility to buy a used Hotspring Highlife Sovereign spa of 2012´ (7 years old).
Is this choice to be recommended (at 7000€) or is it better to put the price difference and buy a new one? 

My attention is mainly focused on: 
- water quality and maintenance required by the spa (are the new models easier to maintain?)
- reliability (what is the life expectancy of this equipment?)

Thank you for your answers, 

Alesissss

I don't know how much a Sovereign normally sells for in Europe, but converted to U.S. dollars that is $7800 which over here would be quite expensive for a 7 year old Sovereign.  That being said, condition is everything with used hot tubs.  I'm not sure what water care methods are approved outside the U.S. but the only change Hot Spring has had in those 7 years would be revisions to the salt water system.  I personally believe the Sovereign can last 15-20 years if taken care of so that hot tub is probably approaching the 1/2 way point in life.

My 2019pricing on a Sovereign would start at $11,499.  Prior to this year, my pricing started at $9,999.  The main reasons for the price jump was the change to a synthetic frame and the wireless touchscreen control panel.

if I had a 2012 used Sovereign I was selling, I would probably be listing is around $4,500 and be negotiable from there.

I thought the price would be higher for this spa. To compare, I am offered the new Dimension1 Aurora spa for 14.500€ here. These two are not comparable ?

Anyway, I'm going to try the Sovereign this Saturday at a retailer and I'll come back here to tell you how much we sell it in Europe. 

Another question: if I buy the used Sovereign spa, I won't be able to start using it at home for another year because I'm building the terrace to accommodate it. What would you advise to keep the used spa in good condition until next year?

I tried the Sovereign saterday with my familly ... it was a very exiting experience ! I thing this spa is what we need.

The price for the spa, the cover with lift, the freshwater water treatment, transport cost 19.000€ included taxes.

In this context, I think 7000€ for a used one of 7 years old is a correct price ... isn't it ?

Unfortunatly, It doesn't inclued the freshwater ...