Aqua Living / RecDirect Factory Outlets?

A207x2

I am looking to install a hot tub at our RV location for when we’re there in the summer and fall.  I have a dedicated 30a/110v circuit that I can use, so am looking to put in a plug and play tub.

In doing my homework, Aqua Living Factory Outlets appear to be RecDirect Factory Outlets (I’m assuming that they’re one in the same).  I’ve seen a few of the complaints filed against RecDirect, but it’s unknown how many satisfied customers are out there. The Internet typically brings out the largest number of complaints, but not necessarily the same amount of compliments.

I’ve been looking at Aqua Living Factory Outlets, and specifically their PP41 model.  In initial discussions with them, they tell me that they use all Balboa components (controller, pumps, jets).  

I understand that Balboa is a good manufacturer of these components.  Is that the case?

Does anyone have any firsthand knowledge of them, and the quality of their product?  My budget for this is $5,000.  Thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

This place is a scam! Bought in May 2019. Was told 7 weeks. Now going on 9 months and no swim spa. Paid $17k up front. Kathy Palmieri (sales/customer service) and Brian Elmore (Regional Sales Manager?) are awful. Can't get a hold of her and when you can she has no idea where the swim spa is. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

~ Being a representative of Aqua Living Factory Outlet Stores ~ I'm very proud of our hot tubs and swim spa's. ~ Made completely here in the USA.

With over One Hundred Stores across the country, we are definity not a scam. 

Unfortunately when covid hit,  our factory in Tennessee could not keep up with demand.  We have greatly increased production, but the wait time for delivery has been at eight to ten months.   We still deliver faster and for thousands less than anyone!   And we make the only duel temperature swim/spa combination. 

Our line of Hot Tubs always get delivered in under three months.

Our Catalina brand carries a full five year warranty, that's supported coast to coast. (that's as good as it gets)

Unfortunately, with thousands of new customers, and custom orders.  We are bound to fail occasionally. 

These are very challenging times to run a business. 

We are only human, and we do our best to make every customer satisfied.   

Kathy and Brian have achieved their position by providing incredible support, and customer service. 

You were only able to talk to the people at the top; because they care.

@Factory Rep You must be new. Let me offer some advice.. posting on an internet forum such as this one that has many trusted independent service professionals as responding members trying to defend your product lines will not end well. LPI's reputation proceeds you and it will be a loosing battle. Just Say'n Good Luck

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Factory RepWhen I was researching hot tubs, I did go to one of your dealers. To say I was less than impressed with them is an understatement. No real info that wasn't available on your website, wouldn't let me look under the hood, high pressure and pushing financing even though I was clear up front that I was paying cash. No wet test even though the model I was interested in was full, therefore I couldn't dry sit in it.

Sure the price was attractive but this is a 10-20 year investment and I wanted questions answered. Long time ago, I had a LPI 4 person hot tub. It was in tough shape after 5 years, jets failing, shell crazing and cracking and the support from LPI was poor at best. The fact that there were are no dealer techs in my area and apparently, none in my area now as well is a big red flag to me.

Someone on a tight budget and willing to live with a short life span (based on my personal experience only) would do well with a Dr Wellness or other models but for a long term investment, I can't recommend any LPI product.

Yes, my new Artesian Island Nevis was about $3K more but I have full dealer support, a better warranty and a company that is known for quality. The track record of Artesian is far better than the track record of LPI.

• Like 1

LP who? I have worked on some Catalina spas over the years. Nothing noteworthy in my experience. Not the best or worst tubs, though I haven't seen one in about a decade or so and it was probably 10 years old at the time. Never had to deal with them as a company though. 

20 hours ago, Factory Rep said:

~ Being a representative of Aqua Living Factory Outlet Stores ~ I'm very proud of our hot tubs and swim spa's. ~ Made completely here in the USA.

With over One Hundred Stores across the country, we are definity not a scam. 

Just because you have many retail locations doesn't make you reputable.

Unfortunately when covid hit,  our factory in Tennessee could not keep up with demand.  We have greatly increased production, but the wait time for delivery has been at eight to ten months.   We still deliver faster and for thousands less than anyone!   And we make the only duel temperature swim/spa combination. 

Quicker and cheaper doesn't make you better.

Our line of Hot Tubs always get delivered in under three months.

That fast of a turnaround time right now means demand for your brand is minimal.

Our Catalina brand carries a full five year warranty, that's supported coast to coast. (that's as good as it gets)

The warranty on paper means nothing if you don't have a track record of standing behind your product.  Oh, and your full 5 year warranty is prorated so its not really a full 5 year warranty.  It's also definitely NOT as good as it gets.

Unfortunately, with thousands of new customers, and custom orders.  We are bound to fail occasionally. 

These are very challenging times to run a business. 

We are only human, and we do our best to make every customer satisfied.   

Kathy and Brian have achieved their position by providing incredible support, and customer service. 

You were only able to talk to the people at the top; because they care.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Beware of the warranty company that Aqua living factory outlets uses, which is called LPI.  They are terrible. I have had my spa for 3 years and was told I have a 5 year warranty on the shell, (which is warped now and they won't cover it) 5 year on the major components (the display panel is foggy like it has water in it and they won't cover it) and 10 years on the structure.  

When I called today because I have two of the mushroom waterfalls that have literally melted and there is now sticky goo all over, they told me that my warranty is pro rated and they won't do anything about it because I live in Arizona and I didn't put an extra cover over the hot tub. Just the factory cover it came with. Had I known that was a requirement to have a hot tub in AZ I probably would not have spent $7000 on it. Also no where in my paperwork is there mention of pro rating the warranty.  

Long story short: They will argue endlessly with you and cover NOTHING.  STAY AWAY! I would not buy from Aqua living ever again. Their product is crap. My hot tub now looks like it's 10 years old and it's only 3.

Leisure Products Inc (LPI) is the manufacturer of Dr. Wellness, Hudson Bay, Pinnacle, Signature and a couple of other hot tubs and bought Catalina a few years ago. Aqua Living is the retail arm (franchised) and sells Dr. Wellness, Hudson Bay and Catalina. They are made in Johnson City, TN but as others have noted, they buy the cheapest materials, use a 1x3 (non treated) stapled frame and the shell is cradle supported and one of the thinnest shells around.

Unfortunately, you learned the hard way on LPI's quality and lack of responsibility in warranting their product.

I'm very sorry that you are having this experience.

• Like 1