Balboa VS510s overheating the water

cavmed

I have a Leisure Bay hot tub that had a fried spa pack. I replaced the spa pack and controls 2 yrs ago with a Balboa VS510s. Unfortunately there has been a temperature sensor problem ever since. The jets/heater run almost all the time and the tub heats to 107 degrees, unless I leave the cover off. This is with the temp set to 80 degrees. I've tried shutting it down and restarting it many times and it doesn't work. I plan on installing a different topside control in case its just not communicating the temperature to the pack correctly. I think there must be a temp sensor at the heater as well, but it's built into the pack and I don't want to replace the whole pack again. I don't think there's a sensor in the tub itself. How should I approach this. The tub is barely usable and its running up my electric bill.

• 2 years later...