PDC Spas Hot Tub help

Recently moved into a house that has a PDC Spas Oahu 300 gallon hot tub.  I know this cause I’ve emailed the manufacturer.  However, they’ve stopped responding to my further communications.  This model is apparently for the mid 80s.  However, the tub is in good shape and I’d like to try to make it functional.  I cleaned it up and filled it(disconnected from power) in an attempt to test the motor, only to find that I have 2 leaks.  Both are easily accessible and neither one is from the tub itself.  The first is coming from a cracked pvc outlet from the pump which I believe I can fix with some weld epoxy.  However the 2nd is coming from inside the control panel from what looks like the heating coil or heating element.(not sure what it’s called). I’m attaching pictures of everything so any help is appreciated.  It would be ideal if it could get a piece to replace or retro fit.  However, if that not an option I’d like to get an idea of how much a new control panel would be.  Again, any help is appreciated.

9F55CEEC-A3E9-47EB-BBFE-5031A4971A02.jpeg

74043ADF-7AA3-4C83-938E-D4AC721A67C0.jpeg

4F36795A-E823-4309-A26E-5D58F2EB267B.jpeg

A0A5571D-5065-4F32-A711-BE96ABC2962A.jpeg

D81BF1CA-3E43-4527-A325-3D7B1166C9D5.jpeg

I have a early 80s tub and if it has no leaks (except the 2 you mentioned) it could certainly be repaired.  I wouldn't bother with the weld on pvc.  PVC and the connectors are relatively cheap.

It also looks as if your pressure switch is leaking,  Depending on the switch it could be a under $50 part (mine is under $30).  My guess is that is a air switch 110 controller and there are lots out there from cheap to expensive.  

I've really done a ton of research through the years to keep mine up and running.  

Is your pump running?  Does the heater heat?  

It is doable, depends on how much you want to do short of a new control panel.  BTW, I see many on craigslist in my area, worth a look.

I haven’t tried to power anything as I saw the leak in the control panel.  There’s an exterior disconnect after the panel that I’ve kept disconnected until I can figure this out.  PDC Spas got back to me this morning and said the same thing, it’s the pressure switch.  I’m not sure if the heater or pump are working since I haven’t wanted to power anything with the leak inside the control panel.  I think I’ll get the pressure switch and replace that then power it up to see what works.  Most of the wiring in the panel looks pretty good even considering the panel was installed in 93’ based on the label inside.  Once I get it powered up I can test individual lines and components if something isn’t working.  I appreciate all the help and if you have any suggestions I’m open to all the help.

So I just went and picked up a new pressure switch locally and installed it after cutting out the oxidized connector.  I took the dial time off, cleaned it up, set it and re-Installed. The high limit reset switch looks fine. I pulled the fuse but as it’s opaque I’m not sure how to know if it’s shot.  I’m going to fill it up and power it on.  I have both the inlet and outlet valves open and I have the temperature knob turned all the way down.  Any other info I need to know?  

Turned power On and got nothing, tested the lines and found the fuse was blown after all.  Picked up a new one and powered on and the pump is working.  The jets are working for the most part, a couple aren’t. The leak on the pump was at the inlet of the pump body not the pvc going into it, so I just epoxied the crack to stop the leak. Now I have to find out if the heater is working and how to fix jets that aren’t.  If anyone has any suggestions I’d appreciate it.

Also, the tub has 2 air switches, 1 turns on the power and the other I can’t seem to figure out.  There’s also 2 dials that control the jets.  The tub has 4 main jets and 5 small ones. One of the small and one of the big doesn’t work at all.  When I turn the dials to get the bubbles only some get activated, if this makes sense. 

You've come a long way in a short period of time.  Keep at it.....you're almost home.  Will think about the jets.  Is there a blower somewhere.  If memory serves me, my switch had 2 settings.  First push-jets, 2nd-blower, 3rd-both.  Will open up my control panel over the weekend and see what that brings back to mind...

16 hours ago, Tubber49 said:

You've come a long way in a short period of time.  Keep at it.....you're almost home.  Will think about the jets.  Is there a blower somewhere.  If memory serves me, my switch had 2 settings.  First push-jets, 2nd-blower, 3rd-both.  Will open up my control panel over the weekend and see what that brings back to mind...

I’m not sure if there’s a blower but I imagine there is since the dials on the top add bubbles when turned on.  The tub is built into the deck and I had to cut a hatch just to work on the control panel and motor.  The tub is insulated with what I can only assume is closed cell spray foam so it’s hard to know if there’s any of components.  The heater works great as the tub was steaming last night in the cool air.  There’s a light in the bottom which isn’t working and I’m wondering if the other air switch controls that and the bulb is just burnt out.  Have no clue how to fix the light, from inside or outside?  PDC is mailing me the manual for the tub and hopefully a catalogue to purchase the headrests and such.  Maybe the manual will shed some light on things.  Also, I think I have to replace the dial timer as I set it yesterday and it worked fine but then this morning the tub kicked on.  When I first pulled the dial off it would barely turn so I think it’s getting stuck, but I’ve found a replacement.  As always, I appreciate any help.

Look at you go!!  Heat would make me happy without the jets or blower (but I'm pretty simple LOL).  I still need to check out my controls but my weekend is just Monday this week.

I'd wait until the manual arrives (SOON, PLEASE!) before I go digging out more foam.  My blower sits right up under the top of the tub to the right of the control panel because of the way the air circulates so that water doesn't get into the blower (don't remember what it's called).  You may want to look up and see what's up there....may solve some questions!