Need to move spa 6 to 8 inches

I am a newbie here . I just purchased my first spa , it’s a Hot Springs with the convertible top . I live in miami which is full of  giant mosquitos so I decided to screen the patio . Now the bar supporting the screen is too close to the bar to lift the spa cover . What is the easiest way to move the spa 6 to 8 inches? Thanks in advance ... 

While this might not answer your question exactly as you would have liked, there are YouTube videos which show a guy who repossesses spas.  You might get some ideas which could help you.  Search for "Hot Tub Repo."

Make sure your electrical connection is accounted for.  Also, it goes without saying, you'll want to have your spa empty of water when you actually move it.

Hope this helps.  Good luck!

• 1 year later...

The easiest way to move a spa would depend on the variables and the difficulty involved. For example, if the spa also has to move through multiple awkward spaces, an additional method would be applied. You'll find better info here https://www.vpsmart.co.uk/packing-box-delivery-london/. You can as well check on YouTube for some DIY videos, but spa/hot tubs are sorta complicated. With such a precision item, it is best to hire professional removalists to help you move your hot tub or spa, but if you decide to take on this task yourself then you can google more or check out YouTube videos for tutorials as I mentioned earlier.

turn power OFF drain it make sure power line has slack enough to move it OR disconect it from tub  get a few guys 3 did my Sundance altamar   and push or pull it where it needs to go  if you had a long pry bar like 4ft or so you could probably do it yourself if you were carful

If I was in your situation, I would buy a $25 inflatable kiddie pool from Walmart (275 gallons), use a transfer pump to drain water from hot tub to kiddie pool, push it and put the water back.  

If you don't have a transfer pump, Harbor Freight has a high quality drill-powered one that has awesome reviews. I think it's rated at around 400 GPH.  

I scored two Ryobi transfer pumps @ $25 each a while back, and I have used it with the hot tub many times.   Their normal price is $110.  HF sells one for $65 that looks better constructed than mine (theirs is all metal).  I also use mine with my 55 gallon rain barrel... I just hook up a sprinkler to the discharge hose and let it run.  What I love about mine is that it works with the Ryobi batteries, so I've never even used the power cord it came with.   A 4ah battery will drain the entire 200 gallon hot tub with juice left over.  

Harbor Freight version:

63317_W2.jpg

Ryobi:

A7968052-BC6B-4940-898B-8BF5A9812686-lar