Filter Cleaner Solution

Rika

I'm a new spa owner and recently had to soak and clean my filters for the first time.

A one time use filter soak solution my dealer had was 10$.

I am assuming it is a simple alkaline solution.

Does anyone have a more economical solution for filter soak?

Not sure where you are from, but every dealer in my city offers free filter cleaning, my dealer even offered to clean my father in-laws filter and he doesn't own the same brand tub, all they asked was he bought his chemicals from them and they would have no problem doing that. Maybe check around with other dealers in your vicinity to see if they offer the same deal.

Thanks for the tip. I will check around.

I think my dealer is more interested in selling me the solution to do it myself.

I am in the Tulsa, OK area so if anyone knows a dealer around here who does this let me know.

Filters are normally cleaned with TSP soak and some form of Acid to remove minerals, mostly the calcium that clogs the filters.

A good commercial filter cleaner is GLB Filter Cleanse which is reusable. It can be stored in a paint bucket for up to two years and it is rechargable. It has it's own indicator which tells you when to add more product to bring the acid back up. It is yellow when weak and red when in normal working condition. It is about $20 but is good for a year to 1.5 years of cleaning if you deep clean about every four months. Then buy more of the powder and recharge it for the next use.

I'm a new spa owner and recently had to soak and clean my filters for the first time.

A one time use filter soak solution my dealer had was 10$.

I am assuming it is a simple alkaline solution.

Does anyone have a more economical solution for filter soak?

Filter cleaner is typically acid not alkaline. The acid removes the calcium deposits.