Do Showrooms Negotiate Price - Sundance

cancel99

i was under the impression that showrooms really do not have much room to negotiate price. from some of the postings on this very informative web site i see that i may have been under the wrong impression.

can anyone shed some light on how much room a sundance dealer has.

i was quoted $9,895 for a cameo with stereo, steps, cover, hydrolic lift, sunzone cd, remote, drink tray, start up kit, $100 in store credit, set up, delivery (not tax which is an addl 6%) by one dealer in my area (central nj) and $10,311 for an optima with the same features from another. plus the cameo quote i got was for a tub already in the dealers inventory that he was trying to move before the 11/23/05 year end sale ends.

I just read a post dated 10/21/05 from ed & heidi and the quote they got was $9005.67 with tax ( albeit tax % unstateted in their post) for a similarly equiped optima (still an 880 series tub). i know the showroom is in business to make a profit, and i can appreciate that. i'm willing to pay a fair price but i don't want to find out after i commit that i was taken for a ride by salesmanship. that would leave a sour taste with me.

any comment are much appreciated

thanks.

c

i was under the impression that showrooms really do not have much room to negotiate price. from some of the postings on this very informative web site i see that i may have been under the wrong impression.

i was quoted $9,895 for a cameo with stereo, steps, cover, hydrolic lift, sunzone cd, remote, drink tray, start up kit, $100 in store credit, set up, delivery (not tax which is an addl 6%) by one dealer in my area (central nj) and $10,311 for an optima with the same features from another. plus the cameo quote i got was for a tub already in the dealers inventory that he was trying to move before the 11/23/05 year end sale ends.

I just read a post dated 10/21/05 from ed & heidi and the quote they got was $9005.67 with tax ( albeit tax % unstateted in their post) for a similarly equiped optima (still an 880 series tub). i know the showroom is in business to make a profit, and i can appreciate that. i'm willing to pay a fair price but i don't want to find out after i commit that i was taken for a ride by salesmanship. that would leave a sour taste with me.

any comment are much appreciated

thanks.

c

the price you got was a very fair price although we sell the optima and the cameo for the same price if they have the same extras. Are you sure Ed and Heidi got the stereo? The retail on the stereo is I believe $1,000.

Ellise

thanks for your response - yes ed & heidi's 10/21/05 post indicates "Sunsound stereo system with spa noise compensation stereo and pump - remote". if memory serves me correctly the dealer i visited said the stereo runs about $1,500. do you sell in nj? have a great day

the price you got was a very fair price although we sell the optima and the cameo for the same price if they have the same extras. Are you sure Ed and Heidi got the stereo? The retail on the stereo is I believe $1,000.

Ellise

It all depends. Some dealers price the spas and leave room to haggle so that some they can appease the hagglers and also get extra from those who walk in and pick what they want like its a doughnut. Others price their spas to a pont where everyone gets bascially about the same deal while the dealer also get's the margin they need. Ther's only one way to find out, give it a try.

On my sundance Caprio, the price sticker said $9900. The sale price sticker said

$7999. The salesman new I was paying cash and immediatly came down to $6300. While I briefly debated the issue telling him that was more than I was thinking of spending, he quickly came down to my buying price of $5399. So yes, I guess they do have room to deal!

On my sundance Caprio, the price sticker said $9900. The sale price sticker said

$7999. The salesman new I was paying cash and immediatly came down to $6300. While I briefly debated the issue telling him that was more than I was thinking of spending, he quickly came down to my buying price of $5399. So yes, I guess they do have room to deal!

That is not typical of most showrooms though. That $9900 price is lunacy. So is the $7999. They've never sold a single Caprio at that price but they start wicked high and see how far you'll push them. That's a reflection on that particular dealer and how they handle their business. I'm not a fan of it and neither are a lot of consumers but they do waht they find works best for them.