CAl Spa, Master spa, hot spring or emerald?

Guest Scott

I live in michigan and I am looking at a cal spa, hot springs, master spa and emerald. Which is the best and with the best service? I want a stereo with it but am hesitant to get a tv. But I want it. I also want good foot and hydro massage. I want a 6-7 person and I want a gazebo. Any suggestions on gazebos

WELL FIRST I WOULD SAY TO NARROW YOUR CHOICES DOWN BY WET TESTING! HOW WOULD YOU NARROW DOWN BUYING A CAR? TESTING IT AND MONTHLY COST! MAKE SURE THE TUB YOU GET IS 100% FULLY FOAMED INSULATED. ESPECIALLY IN MI, YOU KNOW HOW COLD IT GETS. IF IT IS NOT FULLY FOAMED YOU WILL BE GETTING A HUGEEEE ELECTRIC BILL. ANS AS FOR THE TV AND RADIO! TAKE IT FROM ME JUST GO AND BUY A PORTABLE ONE!!! TRUST ME ON THIS!!!

You should base a large percentage of your decision on the wet test. The remainder should be based on your comfort level with the dealer. Wet test several. Read the warranty. Most TV and Radio/CD accessories are only warranted one year while the rest of the spa is warranted a minimum of three and probably five. There's a reason. The problem and failure rate of those accessories are high. Once past the warranty, repair expense will probably be a source of irritation. Personally I would get a boom box or run some outdoor speakers for music and forget the TV (I actually am running outdoor speakers). Based on what I've read on the forums, and I've read a lot, if you said they all feel equally good to me, I'd go with the Hotsprings reputation given you like/are comfortable with the dealer, although in fairness I know nothing of Emerald.

There are several mfrs that successfully build a spa that isn't what the previous poster referred to as full foam. Arctic and Coleman come to mind. I believe Hydropool has something in between thermopane and full foam and is viewed as a quality spa. Unless you are going with a cheap off brand, which you are not, it shouldn't be a consideration.

Disclaimer - I am not a dealer and have a different brand on order.

You should base a large percentage of your decision on the wet test. The remainder should be based on your comfort level with the dealer. Wet test several. Read the warranty. Most TV and Radio/CD accessories are only warranted one year while the rest of the spa is warranted a minimum of three and probably five. There's a reason. The problem and failure rate of those accessories are high. Once past the warranty, repair expense will probably be a source of irritation. Personally I would get a boom box or run some outdoor speakers for music and forget the TV (I actually am running outdoor speakers). Based on what I've read on the forums, and I've read a lot, if you said they all feel equally good to me, I'd go with the Hotsprings reputation given you like/are comfortable with the dealer, although in fairness I know nothing of Emerald.

There are several mfrs that successfully build a spa that isn't what the previous poster referred to as full foam. Arctic and Coleman come to mind. I believe Hydropool has something in between thermopane and full foam and is viewed as a quality spa. Unless you are going with a cheap off brand, which you are not, it shouldn't be a consideration.

Disclaimer - I am not a dealer and have a different brand on order.

STL-Trex, if you are just a consumer not affiliated with any spa company. You have had your spa on order for 8 months. If that is true that is the longest time I have ever heard of someone waiting that long for a spa. Or you do work for a dealer or are affiliated with one of the spa companies. Help me understand this post and 5 previous posts from you. Thanks.

TBK.

STL-Trex, if you are just a consumer not affiliated with any spa company. You have had your spa on order for 8 months. If that is true that is the longest time I have ever heard of someone waiting that long for a spa. Or you do work for a dealer or are affiliated with one of the spa companies. Help me understand this post and 5 previous posts from you. Thanks.

TBK.

TBK,

No problem. I did a considerable amount of research in selecting the spa I ordered. I contacted internet repair techs, manufactuers themselves, and spent enough time searching old forum topics here and other forums to drive my wife nuts. But the main driver of my decision came from wet testing several models and brands. A purchase like this usually consumes me and this was no exception.

Some of my comments are anecdotal and come from copious amounts of forum reading and I usually try to disclaim such information from personal opinion or experience. I haven't been posting anywhere for eight months so I am unclear why that comment. I ordered my spa on September 16 and it will leave the factory on October 3. I have no affilitation with any spa company, nor am I a spa dealer. If I can answer anything else, feel free to ask.

stl-rex is a consumer and has been frequenting the various boards. He asks astute questions, gathers info, and is very thorough. He is a proponent for Arctic as he believes them to be the best spa for him, but I don't believe he is associated with them in any way other than as an excited customer. I've never read any posts from him to indicate he is anything other than what he is, a valued and well-informed consumer.

Terminator

stl-rex is a consumer and has been frequenting the various boards. He asks astute questions, gathers info, and is very thorough. He is a proponent for Arctic as he believes them to be the best spa for him, but I don't believe he is associated with them in any way other than as an excited customer. I've never read any posts from him to indicate he is anything other than what he is, a valued and well-informed consumer.

Terminator

Terminator I'm in agremant with you he seems to just simply be a proud owner and thats it. He takes pride in ownership as we all should and do in our products, we are not all gonna agree in the same products, however pride in ownwership speaks leaps and bounds above the opposite! I have actually seen an incredible amount of encouragement from dealers here towards consumers who make their own decisions on which spa to buy. Thats what this is all about, I would love for everyone to buy a Cal Spa however I know that Cal Spas are not for veryone and the same rings true for every other brand on the market. THats why we present our product with integrity and of course ask for the sale, but we also say "find the tub that best suites you and buy it!"

I have to aggree sti-rex is a consumer. In fact I just recieved our monthly dealer newsletter, and sti-rex wrote a referacne letter about the dealer who he's dealing with.

The only quesitons is why didn't you (sti-rex) tell Perry (Arctic) what a good job I did answering your questions. :)

Michael

www.HeavenlyTimes.com

Terminator

Thanks for the comment. You are correct. After many wet tests I selected Arctic as best for me. My main focus is encouraging the wet test because it was so critical to my selection and if possible hope to convince someone else of its importance. Sure, I might point someone to Arctic, but not because they're the best, (which they are ;) ) but I believe they make a very comfortable spa and being relatively new in the states, people may not be aware of them. I also may comment on other brands I tested or other brand prices quoted to me in my search. Heresay regarding brands I try to remember to disclaim, but so many are "search" impaired sometimes I can't resist. And I occassionally like to stir the pot :P

I have to aggree sti-rex is a consumer. In fact I just recieved our monthly dealer newsletter, and sti-rex wrote a referacne letter about the dealer who he's dealing with.

The only quesitons is why didn't you (sti-rex) tell Perry (Arctic) what a good job I did answering your questions.

Bob put a lot of time in. Some of it was even selling a spa! He really did deserve the kudos he received. When I checked up on Arctic, I really checked up on them. Not having seen what they published, it probably was parts of a several e-mail exchange with Arctic corporate. I think I asked them questions about their spas and their business they had ever yet to receive. As Terminator points out, I can be quite thorough. I think Bob is going to get salesperson of the year just for having to put up with me. :D

No worries... It was more of a joke then anything... I hope you will be just as satified with your purchase 5 or 10 years down the road, as my customers.... In December Arctic anual dealer seminar is going to be held, where awards are handed out... I have heard that the St. Louis is selling quite a few spas, I wouldn't be suprised if they win "Rookie of the Year".... I don't believe there is "Salesman of the Year"... So good luck and keep me informed on your local dealer...

By the way Bob is one of the owners correct?? If so I can't wait to meet him in a few months...