Whats your temp drop when in use?

mikeym

Hi,

Just wondering what your temperature drops are when in use with the cover off, and the outside temperature, and length of use etc?

Just curious as I am experiencing a temp drop of around 3.5C after 90 mins of use, and the outside temp is around 10C.

Any replies appreciated.

thanks

I'm actually having the same issue, after half an hour or more my temp begins dropping from 104 at a rate of about a degree every half hour or so and it's really annoying. I got my electrician to come over and he did an amp test on the power wire going out to the tub and with both pumps running and the heater on, i'm only drawing like 26 amps @ 230v. I am starting to wonder if the heater was set up for 110v or if my tub switches the heater off when both pumps are running. Anyone in here have any insight on this?

has the sparky round today, he also did the amp test and everything was good and as it should be, my heater does turn off when BOTH pumps are on MAX as there isnt enough power for both pumps to be on full and the heater to be on. so i imagine if you have both pumps on the heater does switch off.

Yeah I confirmed today that the heater does in fact shut off when both pumps are running. I filled the tub with 36 degree water and the tub went into ice protection mode and ran both pumps continually. This made the heater stay off and the water did not heat after an hour of running. I had to dump water out and fill with my house hot water tank until my water temp was above 45. Then ice protection mode turned off and it started heating the water with the one pump on low. Now it's raising temp at about 4 or 5 degrees an hour. I am hoping a service tech can do something to make te heater able to turn on when the pumps are on because this is BS

After some digging, I found this. Apparently the switch at A10 position will disable the heater whenever a pump is being used on high speed (which is basically the entire time you're in the tub.) It's called "low amperage mode" 

Now I'm just wondering if it's safe to flip that switch or if I might fry my spa pack in doing so. 

Screenshot_20190325-130838.png