New Tub, Water Chemistry Questions

Hi All,

We just got our first hot tub spa and I have a couple questions about my water.  Its a Nordic Escape SE with a 300 gallon listed capacity.

I filled it up and brought it to temperature.  First test strip gave the following:

pH - 7.2

FCl - 0

Alk - 80

Stab - 40

I also took a sample to the store where they ran a check and though he didn't give me the actual numbers he suggested I add 4 oz of Alkaline boost and 7 oz hardness Control (CaCl3).  He said add the Alkaline boost, then the next day the hardness control.  I told him I didn't add any chlorine yet, and he said that's fine, just add it after we soaked in it the first time. 

When I got home I realized in my start up kit I didn't have Alkaline Boost, but when I looked it up online I found it to just be NaClO3 so off to the pantry I went.  I added what I thought was 4 oz, but quickly realized I'd actually doubled that and added approximately 8 oz.  I was also instructed in my startup kit from the store to add  half of my ProTeam Gentle Spa at startup.  This turns out to be 16 oz by weight as its a 2 lb container.  This is about double what the label states, I later found out.  We gave it a test soak that night and everything felt good water quality wise.  After  I added a capful (1.5 oz) of spa shock, and a capful (1.5 oz)of sani chlor (99% dichlor).  The tub then sat covered yesterday and half the day today unused.  I decided to check the levels again and this time got the following:

pH - 7.8

FCl - 5

Alk - 180

Stab - 40

So my pH is at the upper end of recommended, and my alkalinity is in the high range which is to be expected when I overdosed it with bicarbonate.  So my question is what if anything should I do to it?  The water is still clear so I don't have any reason to be concerned other than the numbers themselves for pH and alkalinity.  Also I've been doing a lot of reading and with the pH and alkalinity high I'm thinking I shouldn't add the hardness control as I might risk precipitating Ca out.  I have the air vents closed to all of the jets so no air introduction currently.

Anyone have any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.