Worms or gunk? (Pictures)

HotTubAK

Hello, 

I am new here. I have been traveling for work fairly often the past couple months and neglected the care for my hot tub during that time frame. Yesterday, I went out to check it and work on getting it cleaned up and found some unpleasant thing/gunk(?) in it. I have had the tub for two years and never seen anything like it. Pictures show what i am describing, quite disturbing... does anyone happen to know what this is?

I did drain the tub, vacuumed out the jets, and scrubbed. Checked it this morning and there was a bunch more caught in the skim plate. 

Thank you!  

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

• 1 year later...

Yep seen it before....some kind of tape worm/parasite. lines up in rows. Really gross and REALLY never want to see it again. As for the fix...Burn everything. Just kidding (not) not sure what the owner did in the end. I gave him some Ahh-Some and said good luck. Perhaps some of the chem guys will have an answer

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Yep seen it before....some kind of tape worm/parasite. lines up in rows. Really gross and REALLY never want to see it again. As for the fix...Burn everything. Just kidding (not) not sure what the owner did in the end. I gave him some Ahh-Some and said good luck. Perhaps some of the chem guys will have an answer

Tapeworm? As in: intestinal parasite? How could they live and breed in a spa? What are they eating? 

I thought I had seen everything...

• 11 months later...

I have a Coleman portable hot tub and got in the other night for a few hours when I got out I noticed a white spot on my belly that was red around it. Tried to pull the service off because it looked like a scab but it's definitely not. Has anyone ever seen this. It's starting to hurt terribly. To my belly I'm able to see the shadow of it inside my stomach.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nXQTx58vDHBLTDvJ7