Looking for good corner hot tub

Girlfriend and I are looking for a good corner hot tub.  I am 6', 175 and she's 5"10, 150.

We looked at the Master Spa TS240, really liked it.  Have read mixed reviews on Master Spa (do not want to get into a personal war on here, read some rather passionate threads) and those posts were older, wanted to get some updated info.

Have not found a hot tub with similar size/jets/features that can compare to the Master Spa, would like to have one or two for comparison.  We did want to stay under $6000 if we could (dealer quoted us at $7500, which included the sound system/delivery/setup), but we will go over budget for the perfect spa.

I would pass on the stereo if possible.  It is probably adding $1,000 to the price.  I don't care for Master Spa, but if you have a quality dealer, then they can be fine.  Not sure what your local options are, but the corner units that come to my mind are: Hot Spring TX, Caldera Aventine, Marquis Rendezvous, Sundance Tacoma, American Whirlpool (Maax) 261, Dynasty C316 & C324 and South Seas (Artesian) 627C.

With your height, make sure you can at least dry test any available model.

So far eliminating Master Spa based on their suspect customer service standing and the very shady tactics from the local dealer (quoting $15k MSRP and offering it for $7500, blocking the door when we tried to leave, marketing it as a maintenance/chemical free tub, etc).

We've opened up to "regular" tubs, no longer limiting ourselves to corner. We've also opened up to ~4-5 person tubs that are smaller in footprint.

Currently zeroing in on Bullfrog for many reasons, the A/R5L and the A/R6L.  Also considering still the Marquis Spirit, have not seen it in person.  Also may look at the Sundance Capri.

I think we'll end up with the A or R version of the Bullfrog 6L, liked it a lot so far.  Wet test hopefully this weekend.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm shopping for a high quality Jacuzzi for 2 with these features:

1.  Built for outdoor use and has good insulation.

2.  Water stays ready and hot.

3.  Has two opposing lounger seats for tall people (5'9" and 6"2) with pillows and don't want to share the same foot space

4.  A lot of jets are not essential, we mostly soak.

5.  Would appreciate a white or tan exterior, modern styling, and corner shape, if possible.

6.  Would also appreciate low effort cleaning, and an easy way to change out new fresh water.    

Anyone seen such a design?  I know I'm asking for the moon!

Carole    

Disclaimer: I have a 31 year old CalSpa.  However, if I was shopping for a new one for my patio, I would forego a built-in stereo or TV.  Expense, just will be next to impossible to fix.

I ran speaker wires to the patio and have two separate speakers mounted on the house wall, wired to the family room stereo.  I just need to add CD or change station and volume before we get in.

A couple of years ago the kids gave us a 37" flat screen TV.  I mounted that on the patio ceiling using a swivel ceiling mount, and we use the remote control to control that; TV is safely away from the spa.  And we can rotate the TV to watch while sitting on our patio.