caldera kauai hot tub main jets not working

dwol

Hello all,

I just purchased and moved a caldera kauai hot tub to my home (3 seater).  It was working at the previous owners home.  I wired it and turned it on (this is the 4th hot tub I have owned and installed).  The little pump is on and circulating water.   I it can't tell if it is heating or not.  That's one problem.   I thought that if it was heating I could feel the utube heater and  should be warm, but its not.  The controls  are working and I can see the heater light on the board.  I am going to leave it on over night and see what happens (not expecting much).   The second problem is when I press the jets button I can hear a click, but the main pump does not activate.  Any ideas?  I have blead air from all pumps and lines, also ran hose pressure through most jets (trying to get any air out). 

Kind regards,

Dave

Jwyrick85,

You are correct.  (sort of)  I let her sit overnight and let me think a little about things.  It never hurts to give yourself a little time in between breaking things.  I was thinking that something in the move could have come loose, but after checking all connections it looks fine.  Turns out that the previous owner had the wiring set incorrectly  (even though it worked for her.  -she most likely had wiring switched in her GFCI box that corrected the incorrect wiring back to the tub).   I double checked the manual and found that the second power lugs were backward.  After correcting the problem, everything is working correctly.  

Thanks for the reply!!

Dave