Shopping for my first hot tub...help!

Timmy

So I've visited a few dealers and looked online.  We are considering the Dreammaker Crosseover 730L ($5k) or Odysset ($4k) selection or the Caldera Tarino or Marino. ($5.5k)
The Caldera is a little pricier but seems a little nicer. Anyone have experience with any of these models? I live in upstate NY, so cold long winters. 
Hard for me to find reviews online, the internet is all ads except forums!!!!   So thank you in advance

I couldn't find any other tubs in the price range, and $5500 is our limit.  We're in a new home and have more stuff to add, so our budget is a little tighter.
IDK if there are other tubs in this price range I should be looking at.  I also visited Hudson Bay and Dr Wellness spas, online mfr direct, but reviews of their service seem terrible.
Anyone deal with them?

I'm open to any suggestions...but our price-point is what it is.   Thank You!!!!

Never heard of Hudson Bay or Odyssey.  Dr. Wellness is bad, and I would avoid.  Dreammaker is probably a decent product, but I have never seen one in person.  I was a Caldera dealer until going Hot Spring exclusive,  If you can get a Marino for $5500, jump on it.  Even the Tarino at $5500 is a good price.  I don't personally think you are going to do any better than the Caldera's at that price but if you want others to look at, I would suggest checking out Nordic Hot Tubs and Viking Spas, both should have more basic but decent options in that price range.  Since you have already looked at Dreammaker, I would also see if you have a Freeflow dealer.  Similar type of product but made by the same company that makes Caldera and Hot Spring.  Lastly, Saratoga Spas.  Not sure if they have anything in your price range, but they are made in Latham New York, so probably worth checking out a local company.

Price appears to be good on the Dreammaker too.  I don't believe there is a comparison between the two, but $1,500 is a lot of money.  Before you jump in and make a purchase, I might suggest the following:  Research each dealer and make sure they are reputable because there will come a time where you will need them.  Second, sit in each spa to make sure each is comfortable and fits your needs.  If possible, wet test.  Its the only way to really know if you float in a lounger or if the jet pressure is adequate.  Lastly, read fine print on the warranties.

I work for a Caldera dealer. I agree with Castletonia, if you can get the Marino for 5500 I would definitely go that route. Dream maker is an OK entry level spa but if you find little things you don't like about it as you use it you'll be less likely to actually use it regularly which in turn could give you a false interpretation of what a hot tub can do for you. Sitting in all of them dry will give you a rough idea of how each one feels. Keep in mind that buoyancy will change how the spa feels pretty drastically. At our store we do scheduled soak nights. A customer can narrow down there options to 2 or 3 spas and we'll let them come in for a few hours and actually use them to see which spa best suits their specific needs. You might ask if your dealer can do anything like this. Good luck on your purchase.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 9:00 PM, castletonia said:

Never heard of Hudson Bay or Odyssey.  Dr. Wellness is bad, and I would avoid.  Dreammaker is probably a decent product, but I have never seen one in person.  I was a Caldera dealer until going Hot Spring exclusive,  If you can get a Marino for $5500, jump on it.  Even the Tarino at $5500 is a good price.  I don't personally think you are going to do any better than the Caldera's at that price but if you want others to look at, I would suggest checking out Nordic Hot Tubs and Viking Spas, both should have more basic but decent options in that price range.  Since you have already looked at Dreammaker, I would also see if you have a Freeflow dealer.  Similar type of product but made by the same company that makes Caldera and Hot Spring.  Lastly, Saratoga Spas.  Not sure if they have anything in your price range, but they are made in Latham New York, so probably worth checking out a local company.

Thanx, I bought a Saratoga Whitman model. Scored a pretty sweet deal on a 2018 model leftover.  Now the snow needs to melt here so we can get our pad on and go. I never heard of Saratoga Spas until you mentioned it. I went do a dealer just over an hour away which I never thought of. Thanx for the tip.