Jets not working

Jason Milton

hi.

I have a a SCS custom built spa with a Balboa vs 500 control centre. When I turn on the jets,There is a loud click in the control centre and then a continuous humming noise but the jets are not working in the spa. It will continue to hum until I press the jet button off or it will eventually trip the jets but the power to the spa stays on. 

The click is the Relay closing to send power to the jet motor.  The hum is the motor trying to start up, but because the motor is seized the shaft won't turn.  I don't know what "trip the jets" means, but a Balboa VS500 will quit trying after a few seconds if the motor won't start.

Dave

I've never encountered a hum from the control center, which I assume you mean to be the box that the circuit board is mounted in.  A humming from a motor that is seized is very common.  Most often, a Balboa 500 type spa pack is used in a situation where pump #1 supplies water to the heater, it doesn't have a separate circulation pump.  Do you have a separate circulation pump? 

Dave

Hi Dave,

I feel pretty dumb right now. The spa was part of my house when I moved in and with the position of it, I have only just realised that there is another pump along with the circulation pump. That is exactly where the humming is coming from. I have to empty the spa,move away from a wall so I can get to it.

Thanks so much for the advice, without it I wouldn't of even realised there was a second pump.

Hopefully not going to be a big $$ fix.

Cheers mate.