2004 HoT Spring Sovereign not heating 240V ?

Jed1309

New hook up of 2004 Hot Spring Converted to 240V every thing fires up fine but no heat booth red & green lights on only getting 120 at dissconet on 30amp gfci on each side when touching neutral same as at hot tub board 

Should I be getting 240 when checking across both hots ? 

If converted there are jumpers in the terminal block that must be removed. You should have a 30 amp 2pole GFCI and a 20 amp single pole GFCI in the disconnect box if I remember correctly. You should have 240 between the 2 hots and 120 to neutral from each hot. If you don't have 240 then you more than likely have an issue with the breaker, the power feeding the panel or the sub-panel itself. I've had numerous occasions where a homeowner installed breakers incorrectly in the small 50 Amp Cutler hammer spa disconnects and the 2 pole GFCI ends up only pulling power from 1 leg of the supply. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/20/2019 at 6:21 PM, Jwyrick85 said:

If converted there are jumpers in the terminal block that must be removed. You should have a 30 amp 2pole GFCI and a 20 amp single pole GFCI in the disconnect box if I remember correctly. You should have 240 between the 2 hots and 120 to neutral from each hot. If you don't have 240 then you more than likely have an issue with the breaker, the power feeding the panel or the sub-panel itself. I've had numerous occasions where a homeowner installed breakers incorrectly in the small 50 Amp Cutler hammer spa disconnects and the 2 pole GFCI ends up only pulling power from 1 leg of the supply. 

Should I have 240 on the black and white leads going to the heater off the relay board ?