Sundance Hawthorne GFCI trip - pump?

LetsGoWings

I have a Sundance Hawthorne that is tripping the breaker as soon as the pumps turn on.  During diagnosis, I discovered when pump 1 is disconnected, it does not trip. Disconnecting pump 2 has no effect.  Also, when the pressure switch is disconnected, both pumps run, but provides FL1 error.  I replaced the pressure switch with a new one, and the trip still occurs.  Disconnecting the heater element does not affect the breaker trip.  I just replaced that pump last year, so I'd hate to think it's the pump again.

During diagnosis, I have also (none of which helped):

-          Performed the "air lock clear" procedure with a water hose.

-          Checked electrical connections throughout for corrosion or obvious shorts/loose wiring.

-          Checked breaker box for moisture.

-          Disconnected the temperature sensor on heater assembly.

-          Disconnected the spa light.

-          Disconnected the ozonator.

Any help would be appreciated.  I've  had issues with the tub in the past here and there but have always managed to identify the culprit.  Really frustrating.

Did I read it right that the problem occurs when both pumps are on?  If you disconnect pump 2, will pump 1 run normally?

If that's the case, it may be that your breaker is getting old and can't handle the amperage.  Is the breaker warm to the touch?

If that's not the case, try swapping the circuit board connections for pumps 1 and 2 and see if the problem occurs on pump 2 instead of pump 1.

Dave