Pic Attached: Hot Springs Grandee Water Feature Stem Broken/Won't Turn Off

ZMonet

I have Hot Springs Grandee purchased around 2006.  The spa has a water feature lever, which basically controls a feature that creates the sound of running water.  I don't remember ever using this feature.  Today, while cleaning the spa, I turned the lever to on.  When I tried to turn it back, however, it wouldn't turn at all.  I can unscrew the entire module from the hot tub, but that doesn't fix the problem -- water keeps flowing.  I took off the plastic lever and tried turning the plastic stem with a pair of pliers but I get no movement that way either and the plastic stem looks like it will break if I turn too much.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this?  In the alternative, is there any downside to just keeping it running?

Thanks!

Grandee.jpg

I'm including some more pictures.  Is there another way to shut off this feature.  I'm not sure if it is related but my spa is now not keeping temperature -- dropped from 102 to 99.  I'm not sure if that is because this is bringing water out of the tub, thereby cooling it, and putting too much stress on the heater, etc.  Any help greatly appreciated.

rsz_img_20190123_083621091_hdr.jpg

rsz_img_20190123_083629187.jpg

rsz_img_20190123_083644562.jpg

I played around with the module a little more.  The square stem will swivel when it is not seated in the spa.  However, once I put it in the spa, it will not move at all.  Also,it will only seat one way.  It would seem that turning the module then changes the water flow, turning off the waterflow feature.   I'm not sure if another module will fix this as I would think it would run into the same problem of not being able to turn once seated.  Anyone else have any other thoughts?

Thanks but I don't think it is the module.  The whole thing turns correctly when not in the tub (when I have it in my hand), but once I put it in the spa it won't budge, not even with pliers.  I'm not sure how this thing is supposed to operate.  I may take it out of the spa and bring it to my HotSprings dealer to see if they have any ideas.  Or maybe it isn't a big deal if I just keep the feature running?  I'm not sure if it is cooling the water by operating.

So I tried using insert part 73356 and it doesn't seem to do the job.  The bezel and collar of the existing piece do not fit (are too big) into the new piece.  You can see the old piece that would need to screw into the new insert in the attached.  It seems like I need a different part number.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks!

rsz_1rsz_hot_tub.jpg

• 1 month later...