Skin stinging

molly_chick

Hi, quick question relating to my spa. We have had our spa for many years and last year out of the blue i noticed whilst being in there (after about 30 minutes) my skin started stinging. It was stinging around my chin area. slightly on my arms and in my backside. I actually didnt think too much of it and the next few days continued going in the spa and just sitting in there for an hr or so to cool off but then the stinging became too much. The stinging didnt go away when i got out of the water, it actually stayed with me for a couple of weeks, especially in the backside area to the point where it was like small blisters forming  (you couldn't make it up if you tried ! lol ).
Anyway, summer came and went and now we are back in Summer and i went back in the spa yesterday for the first time since last year and all was fine for about 1 hr and then i started feeling a slightly stinging sensation on my legs. Put up with it as it was mild stinging but then it started stinging on my chin area and again in my backside region. My partner was in with me and he has not had any reaction so its only me getting this reaction. I initially thought last year it must of been small biting insects in the water that was biting me , that's how severe the rash got in my backside region. My chin today is quite rough and slightly red also.
Any thoughts as to why i am getting this type of reaction and i find it really quite strange the area i am getting the problem !
Would love to attach a photo of the area that is being affected to show what i mean  but im sure no one wants to see my backside : )
Thanks