confused about pool cleaner

Mindrasect

I've found that a bit of the essential bits of apparatus, like an expanding shaft and divider brush, get dreadful reviews both on Amazon and the pool discourses. Maybe Bogleheads have would be savvy to experiences or can in any occasion uncover how to get around the unavoidable weakness or poor improvement of the posts and brushes

This is the thing that I have up until this point: Leaf skimmer 

This is the thing that I intend to buy: 

automatic pool cleaner 

Divider/floor brush Dealing with the hose shows up to some degree awkward. 

I'd like to hear proposals, upsides and drawbacks for the apparatus referenced, notwithstanding any others that might be worth a

On 1/3/2019 at 11:50 AM, Mindrasect said:

I've found that a bit of the essential bits of apparatus, like an expanding shaft and divider brush, get dreadful reviews both on Amazon and the pool discourses. Maybe Bogleheads have would be savvy to experiences or can in any occasion uncover how to get around the unavoidable weakness or poor improvement of the posts and brushes

This is the thing that I have up until this point: Leaf skimmer 

This is the thing that I intend to buy: 

automatic pool cleaner 

Divider/floor brush Dealing with the hose shows up to some degree awkward. 

I'd like to hear proposals, upsides and drawbacks for the apparatus referenced, notwithstanding any others that might be worth a

I would recommend getting a fiberglass extending shaft for the vacuum. My neighborhood pool store utilizes them for themselves and requested one for my utilization. (Pentair E-Z is locking) They regularly just move aluminum shafts. I've experienced a significant number of them throughout the years, however the fiberglass appears to be for all intents and purposes indestructible after two seasons. I keep a few old twisted or harmed aluminum shafts for periodic use with the leaf skimmer and brush. Fiberglass shaft is certainly justified regardless of the cost.

One of my companion propose me to purchase programmed pool cleaner for pool support, I discovered Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus on https://sortedforyou.com/best-automatic-pool-cleaner will it the correct decision for me or I ought to go for another alternative?

• 8 months later...

I am in central KY, so I hear you on the trees!

I would stay away from a suction side robot because it will tie up a skimmer line(unless you have a dedicated vac line), resulting in more debris on the surface of the pool. If you are poolside frequently that may not be an issue, though. That being said, they are definitely the most economical choice. Up front $ and maintenance $ are lower than robot cleaners.

I recommend the Maytronics Dolphin m400 to all my customers. You can find it for $1000 if you hunt around. It has a 3 year warranty, a weekly timer, and will clean floors and walls. We see customers get around 5 years out of one, before paying for maintenance. If a $200/season pool cleaning solution is reasonable for you, that's my 2 pennies.

• 2 months later...

You will need a pool vacuum hose. And a vacuum head. And a vacuum plate or some kind of adaptor to fit the hose into the suction port in your skimmer. Maybe a leaf canister. I bought my stuff at Lowes; I had a discount coupon, so it worked out real cheap.

Edit: Each pool cleaner is limited by the minimum particle size its filter can catch (here are some best examples) https://www.geekwrapped.com/guides/best-pool-vacuum I found that robots have internal filters, suction cleaners use the pool filter, depending on your pool and surroundings a robot, suction cleaner or pressure cleaner will give you the best possible result.

• 1 year later...