2004 Leisure Bay Eclipse Hot Tub Balboa controller issue?

LynnieM

I bought this hot tub used 7 years ago.  I have replaced the pump and the tub has been working perfectly!!  As the original topside controller aged with the years, the display became cloudy and unreadable. I used a pool thermometer to "poke and hope" to achieve desired temp.  This Christmas, I treated myself to a brand new Balboa Mini 4 topside controller for $90 plus bucks and was thrilled when it installed easily. I filled up the tub, plugged 'er in and BAM!!!!  Action!!!!  The water temp started out at 77 degrees (SW Florida here) and warmed up to 100 degrees within 12 hours!!  I went to bed dreaming of coffee in the hot tub in the morning since I work like a crazy woman around my house and use it for back pain relief, which I have been having since waiting for the part...BUT, this morning...the jets won't come on and while sitting in the tub the temp is slowly dropping without the jets coming on.  The light is on for the jet control which, to me, indicates that that particular choice is in use. The hot tub light button works, the temp up and temp down button works.  Only the button to turn on the jets doesn't work. I. AM. BUMMING.  I unplugged the tub for 10 minutes to see if it would reset.  Nothing.  Just 'googling' around points to a defective controller.  I've already emailed the company I bought it from but today is NY's Day so I'm just looking around to see if this is anything I am doing wrong? 

Power off the spa, disconnect the topside control panel, then turn the spa back on.  Balboa control packs default to Standard mode, 80 degrees.  If the motor comes on, then you may be looking at a problem with the topside.  If the motor still doesn't come on, try plugging the motor directly into a 120V outlet to see if it's working.  If it isn't, it indicates a motor problem.  If it is, it indicates a circuit board issue.  That could just be a blown fuse, or it could be time for a new circuit board.

Dave