Dry itchy skin, Bromine, @ease system

wish2fish

Wanted to share my experience with the @ease smart chlor system. 

Historically I've used bromine to sanitize my spa.  During the winter my skin would get really itchy and rash in several locations.  It was so bad I had to limit how much I used my spa.  I did try using chlorine for a few weeks and had the same problem.  In the beginning of December I switched to the Frog @Ease SmartChlor Floating Chlorine and Mineral sanitizing system.  Since the switch I have not had any issues with rash and dry itchy skin.  I have actually been using the spa for longer periods too knowing I won't be getting the rash.

Now, this system isn't cheap.  A 4 month supply costs about $84 but it definitely has made a difference for me.  @ease starter kit comes with a mineral unit that lasts 4 months and 1 smart chlor unit that they estimate lasts 3-4 weeks.  My smart smart chlor unit is about empty so that timeline is about right.  You can buy the smart chlor refill (3 more units) seperately from the starter kit. 

I realize some of you can manage your spa with individual chemicals but I had trouble trying to maintain bromine/chlorine, pH and alkalinity previously.   With the @Ease system, I shock occasionally and test the levels weekly.  I don't see the fluctuations that I saw previously.