new owner hot tub woes

keith1234

hi all first post!.about 2 maybe 3 weeks ago we purchased a brand new hot springs limelight beam, the installers set us up with all the chemicals(leisure time). I've kinda struggled with keeping the chlorine levels up, I check it every day , and add more chlorine granules, check it and it's ok, but it seems like it falls out fast..about 1 week ago, I've been noticing this white substance sticking to the sides. I've brushed it off, added some spa defender and chlorine to get the levels up. from the research I've been doing , it seems to be white mold? am I already going to have to drain the tub to sanitize..this is frustrating right off the start..thanks

• 2 months later...

Check PH. PH must be in the proper range, otherwise sanitizer will do wacky things. I was experiencing the same problem as you and tweaking the PH fixed it. Don't have to add sanitizer 2-3 times per week now. The test strips made it look like I was OK but depending on exactly where it's at those colors can blur together into a spectrum and get a bit iffy. IF the PH indicator looks borderline, check instructions for how much you have to add if it's at the very bottom of the recommended range. Adjust, run tub, test, sanitize, then see how the sanitizer level holds up over the next week.

• 1 month later...

Have you purged lately? Seriously I sound like a broken record,  but even if you aren't old enough to know what a needle stylus  does when encountering a break in the vinyl,  I respectfully submit on the authority of my own experiments with numerous products,   there is nothing more effective than one or more complete purges with a particular product discussed here frequently 

Search Google for "spa purge boisediesel"  and my articles should show up...