Hot Springs Icon Lights Flashing

Blaine D

Hey all,

New user here with a puzzling question.

I have a Hot Springs VV Model tub. The Green and Blue icon lights on front of spa are flashing. According to owners manual this means Integral Pressure Switch open or Circulation Pump thermal cut-off tripped. It also says that spa will not heat. 

The circulation pump seems to be running as I can see bubbles coming from the grate at bottom of tub and heater tubes feel warm. I had tub shut down for a while this afternoon while I tried to troubleshoot the problem and temp dropped to 89 degrees. After about 1.5 hours its up to 92 degrees.  I changed one of the probes threaded into the heater but no luck. I have been working with a local repair depot but nobody seems to be Hot Springs knowledgeable. Tech actually suggested I try messing with plugs on board to see if it fixes the problem. 

Any suggestions on what to check next? I dont really want to pay 125 an hour to have some tech trying to guess whats wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

• 2 weeks later...