Caldera power cord help

Madison

We live in Tennessee now. Our hot tub is a plug and play type, hard body but 110v. While I know the recommendation is to be on a 20 amp circuit, Will a 10 amp work if it’s the only thing plugged in?  Also is there a way to get a longer cord. We may need about 25ft versus the 10 ft it came with. The house we are setting it up at is a rental and the outlet is on the other side of the deck. If it was our own house, we would have had new wiring installed for it. 

Well, first thing would be to determine how many amps the pump and heater draw.  My guess is that 10 amp would not be enough, would trip the circuit breaker on the side of the house.  There's a reason that 20 amp dedicated is recommended.

I think the only real way is to get a new 20 amp breaker installed in the circuit box, and dedicated new wires run.  And maybe hard-wire the spa instead of using the 10 foot cord.  If it's a rental, you want minimal issues anyway.

If fuses instead of breakers, way outdated !!!