High Limit Switch tripping

jplant

I have an older model HQ-2000 Spa Control Pack by Hydro-Quip. It has 2 Programs Modes for Heating and Filtering. Program 1 is “Timed Heat & Timed Filtering”.  Program 2 is “Thermostat Control & Timed Filtering”. It has a Hydro-Quip Timer, 7 Day, 120 V which was recently replaced. My problem is because of HOA restrictions I am not allowed to have the Hot Tub running after 10:00 pm or before 9:00 am. This means it can’t even run the motor for heat or filtering after that time. I would normally use Program 1 and set it to the times I want the heater & filtering to occur during the day & evening, but not at night. (Note: I live in a warm climate so I am not worried about freezing during the night). I have the spa temperature set at 103. For some reason when I set the Timed Heat and Timed Filtering using Program 1, and the temperature reaches the desired temperature of 103, the circulation motor turns off, but the heater does not. The red heater light stays on also. Which means there is no water circulating through the heater and eventually it heats up and the High-limit switch trips within a few minutes and immediately shutting down both pump and heater. It works fine on Program 2. I have even considered putting a timer on so I could use Program 2 during restricted hours. Any ideas of what might be wrong?

IMG-0209.JPG