Electrical explosion

Mowgli12

I replaced the heater element in a maax spa and everything was working. I decided to test the element with a multimeter and did it wrong. There was a big boom and the spa turned off. Now it won't turn back on. Is the board fried? Should I try and replace the definite.contactor? Any help would be appreciated. When I flip the breaker nothing happens.

What method did you use to test the element?

It seems you were trying to test the heater while it was energized, if so I assume you shorted the leads to the element.  There may be a fuse on the board for this.   

On a side note, congrats on being here.  Don’t go sticking your multimeter leads where they don’t belong or you don’t know what you are doing.  Did your meter fry?  I can only it’s a goner unless you were using a Fluke, then just replace your fuses. 

• 4 months later...

To avoid these circumstances to happen it is very important that you should hire a professional electrical services who is master wiring and provides a home safety. That is why to avoid any confusion, find out when the electrician will need the fixtures. When you hire a professional electrical services Bergen County NJ to do the installation, make sure they back up their work and to shoulder the responsibility that comes with the job.