Jacuzzi Watchdog Error

BSmith

My Jacuzzi J-365 is going into Watchdog error mode (3 dashes) intermittently.  When I reset the power it runs fine for about 5 days, then goes to Watchdog again.  I have tested the temperature and limit switches with an ohm meter and they are both reporting the same correct readings based on the temp / ohm chart I found on-line. I also checked the flow switch which is showing zero conductance when open and full conductance when closed (also visually confirmed open and closing at appropriate times).  I have never found the spa to have overheated - always within a degree or two of my 103 degree setting.  The circuit board "looks" fine - no bulging capacitors or any obvious burn spots.  I don't want to replace the expensive board if not necessary but I don't know what other troubleshooting to do.

Just an update on my problem which I have solved.  I mentioned that I tested the temp sensor with an ohm meter and it reported accurately.  Well it was reporting accurately at the time I tested it, BUT it was an intermittent Watchdog problem so an accurate temp reading makes sense SOME of the time.  Anyway, the spa kept going into Watchdog every day or two and I kept resetting the power.  Fortunately one day I reset the power and the panel came back on and showed 110 degrees and OH.  I was so happy to finally catch the temp sensor when it was reporting inaccurately - the water was only 102 degrees.  So I installed a new temp sensor and everything is fine once again.  Moral of the story - don't trust that a metering check at one point in time is telling you the whole truth.