Repair or replace?

SZelaya

Hi all,

We just moved into a new house that has a 2010 Sundance Cameo spa. It had been drained for at least a few months before we moved in, and I suspect not working properly before that.  I filled it and started it up, but I got a flashing flo error (jets working but no heat). Went through all the usual things (filter, air lock, etc..) and ultimately found a branch and some leaves in the flow switch, which we cleaned out, but the flo error persisted (actually became a flo2 error at that point). 

We assumed the flow switch was broken from the debris/clean out and forked out for a new flow switch. Unfortunately, we are still getting a flo error, and it doesn't look like any water is moving through the switch. From my understanding, this means it is likely the compression pump (or possibly the circuit board, which is big $$$).

As this looks to be getting more and more expensive (the hot tub cover also needs replacing), I am starting to question whether it is worthwhile to spend another $1000-$1500 on a hot tub that is already 8 years old, and I suspect hasn't been well cared for (judging by the state it was in). I'm looking for a bit of advice.

Thanks - any input greatly appreciated.

Sylvie