Leak help for a new Tiger River Bengal owner...

Jeff O

Hi all, I've been looking at posts on this for awhile now and everyone seems very helpful - hopefully you can help me too. I was recently gifted a Tiger River Bengal spa from friends, it came with a house they bought and they only used it twice in the last 5 years - they did say it leaked but weren't certain where as they didn't use it much and weren't inclined to investigate.... The shell itself looks in great shape. So yesterday, I decided to start seeing what I could locate and started fill thru the filter inlet like the instructions say and I let it run about as deep as the jet in the footwell in the bottom of the tub and just over the top of the seats... I could see I had water in the mechanical compartment but couldn't tell quite where it was coming in - though I could see movement in the water near the pipe that fed the footwell jet... (too much stuff in the way to get a clear line of sight, didn't help that I accidently sprayed the inside of that compartment with the hose).... so I thought ok, I'll turn the water off and see the level where it stops leaking and start looking to see what is at that level.... I made sure the drain valves were closed. So I was little surprised when I looked in the tub this morning and there was only a little water left in the bottom just below the level of the drain in the center of the tub... I'm guessing that is where at least one leak is - is there an o-ring or seal on the drain that could be bad? Or is it likely the drain pipe is cracked? I know from reading here the check valve is also prone to breaking and I hope that accounts for the water in my equipment compartment... Given the age of this tub, should I plan on just replacing all the seals around the jets and such? I'm not afraid of doing some digging to find leaks - just looking for advice before I start - thanks for being patient with the Newbie questions :)

The drain in the bottom is also the heater return.  It could be leaking all the way back to the equipment compartment.  It could be leaking in the in-foam plumbing or in the equipment compartment. Be careful doing any in-foam digs or other spa work.