Green water with inline @ease frog system

Kgraves

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't rely on that system. My ease chlorine canister was empty before two weeks. The mineral canister is half empty. I just bought the taylor K-2009 test kit and my tests results were vastly different then what the frog ease strips showed. I am going to follow the treatment methods mentioned here. You need a way to accurately test for free and combined chlorine. As well as CYA. And more accurate way to test CH, TA, PH, etc... I needed to add a TBS of chlorine after each soak even with my ease cartridge. 

Your free chlorine level is probably dropping to zero durring or after your soaks. Then creeping back up to 1.0 or 1.5 ppg. You need to shock your spa. Then maintain 3-5 ppg of free chlorine. My advice is order the taylor test kit and read Nitros water treatment write up. 

As a retailer who has sold @ease for going on 3 years, generally speaking I have had good luck with it.  Assuming you do not have a 600 gallon hot tub, my guess is that either the setting was set too high or your pH was really low, both would cause the cartridge to dispense quicker than it should.  The Mineral is also only about 1/2 full to begin with and the minerals do not dissolve over time.

To the OP, check for copper in the water.  Assuming everything is within balance, if there is copper it can react with chlorine or MPS and cause a green tint.