3 flashing dots

70 cooper

I have an older Nordic spa that is wired 110v, hot tub was running great then lost the heat....then a day later came back on....now it's off again and staying off.....3 dots are flashing on panel below temperature. Read an older Post about 3 dot issue and decided to jump the 2 wires leading to pressure switch.....still flashing 3 dots.....please help....

Edited by 70 cooper
forgot an important fact

You can't jump the wires to the pressure switch with the tub turned off.  If the tub sees that switch is closed when it turns on, it reports an error condition.  IOW, start the spa, then jumper the wires.  (it's 12 volts DC, no worries about shock).  Just 3 flashing dots without the LED on is a water flow condition related to the pressure switch.  Check that the pump works.  If so, remove your filters and see if the problem disappears.  If it does, it's time for new filters, the old ones are clogged.

3 flashing dots and LED is generally a hi-limit error.  Turn off the tub, then turn it on after 30 seconds.  Does the error condition still appear?  Is the heater hot?   If the heater's hot, then you have a water flow condition.  If the heater's cold, your hi limit sensor is probably due for replacement.

Dave

On 9/22/2018 at 11:09 PM, Jersey Hot Tub Repair said:

You can't jump the wires to the pressure switch with the tub turned off.  If the tub sees that switch is closed when it turns on, it reports an error condition.  IOW, start the spa, then jumper the wires.  (it's 12 volts DC, no worries about shock).  Just 3 flashing dots without the LED on is a water flow condition related to the pressure switch.  Check that the pump works.  If so, remove your filters and see if the problem disappears.  If it does, it's time for new filters, the old ones are clogged.

3 flashing dots and LED is generally a hi-limit error.  Turn off the tub, then turn it on after 30 seconds.  Does the error condition still appear?  Is the heater hot?   If the heater's hot, then you have a water flow condition.  If the heater's cold, your hi limit sensor is probably due for replacement.

Dave

Ok thanks for the reply, so now when I get three dots flashing I unplug one wire from the pressure switch them immediately plug it back in I hear a click and three dots stop flashing....I have ordered a pressure switch....hopefully that's it

On 9/22/2018 at 11:09 PM, Jersey Hot Tub Repair said:

• 3 weeks later...

@Jersey Hot Tub Repair I have a similar issue to the OP with a bit of a twist: We have an older Artesian spa wired for 220V. About a year ago, we started getting the three flashing dots as well. We had guests coming into town, and I didn't have time to wait for a flow/pressure switch to arrive, so I just shorted the two flow/pressure switch pins on the circuit board with a wire. That worked fine for a while, but then the three dots came back! If I take the wire off and then re-attach it, the three dots go away. Every so often, I repeat this exercise. The fact that the problem occurs even with a solid wire between the two pins makes me think that I would be wasting money on a new pressure switch. What do you think?

PS. I event tied dielectric grease and crimping the 'short' wire onto the pins to be sure I had a good connection. I even tried to solder the two pins together, but that didn't work at all.

• 4 years later...