Thinking of Purchasing Tristar Freeflow. Any thoughts?

Maizy

Hello. We are thinking of purchasing a plug and play Tristar Freeflow hot tub here in north/central Georgia. The price seems almost too good to be true. $3,499 includes delivery, set-up, cover, steps, water care kit and 2 orientations. What worries me is it only has a 1 kw heater and a 1.5 BPH pump. Has anyone had experience with these? Likeblowing fuses, not enough power for massaging jets, noy being able to maintain temperature, etc? It's just for the 2 of us and will probably be used daily, especially during the winter. Thank you for your guidance.

Any tub run on 110V is going to have it's drawbacks. Those specs are the max for any tub wired to that voltage, it's all 110 will allow. You can however wire it for 220 if you have the capability. It will bump you up to 4KW from the heater and be far more efficient, well worth the extra cost upfront if you ask me.

Voltage won't affect the pump HP. However, pressure is dictated by flow and jet count. It's a small pump pushing a few jets so the pressure per jet is adequate but not overly therapeutic.

Freeflow's are good little tubs but you have to understand that the brand is there to fill a price point and not much else. They are what they are, not that that's a bad thing. If cost is the overriding factor, you could do a lot worse for an entry level brand. If efficiency, therapy and ease of use are more important I'd probably look into a decent mid tier brand which will require 220V.

Good luck to you.

• 3 years later...